Saturday 28 January 2012

Grateful - not end up in the frying pan

Most days from son'rise to son'set are busy.

Not our farm but Broken Hill - quickest I could locate

New challenges emerge and I just don't know where to start as we settle in to our tree change lifestyle here on the farm.

There is a lot to do or NOT ; there is no real hurry.

I was reminded last night never to take anything for granted because we can lose loved ones in a blink.

Time after time I am humbled and inspired by words on redefining joy in our lives, no matter what the present circumstances.

I followed the journey of a blogger called Emilie with terminal cancer for a while.
Early in her journey she wrote ...
If there is a bright side to any of this, it's that the unimportant, superficial things in our lives have suddenly fallen away, and we are intensely focused on what remains truly important, which is each other, our family, and making the most of the time we have together now. Emilie Lemmons
Tragically, her time with her two young boys was cut very short.

Try as I might I can't help worrying about how much time any of us have.

The message I try to focus on - is life is far too precious and we should just live intensely in the present, absorbing and embracing life as it happens. Plan for future yes but live for today.

It means letting the superficial things in life go and stop sweating the small stuff. In the end will they matter ?

I thankful for the laughter, squeals and chattering that spills drink and crumbs through my home. {The floors are concrete now so it really doesn't matter}

I am grateful beyond measure that these sounds fill my ears home and heart because it means I have children who are happy and healthy. Children I never thought would bless my life.

I am thankful for my health and theirs. Our health isn't perfect and we have ongoing health issues , but we are still blessed.

I am thankful for my family and that most of time we get along and help each other out... thankful my Brother, Sister in law, niece and nephew who came to spend a few days with us. Plus extended cousins who came to visit too. We were all grateful the temperatures this year were in the 20's ° not 40's °.

credit

We had so much fun catching Yabbies in the dams - approx: 70 yesterday (from 2 dams) and again today (1 of same dams). I bet the Yabbies were grateful we only relocated them to another dam and not the frying pan {yet}. I guess it is all any of us can hope for any day not to end up in the frying pan and to keep swimming another day ! (Do yabbies even swim ? hmm)

Have you tried Yabbies ? How do you cook them ?