Thursday 16 December 2010

The Perfect Gift

Australian Red Cross Blood Service has launched a new and innovative Christmas campaign with the tagline “The Perfect Gift”. The focus of this campaign is to get people to consider giving something that will really make a difference this Christmas by donating blood and giving the gift of life.

There is a dedicated page where users can watch and share “The Perfect Gift” TVC. They can also print out and personalise a specially made “The Perfect Gift” gift box which they can put together and give to friends, family and colleagues bringing this digital campaign into the real world.

My dear Dad (~2005) during his treatment for Acute Myeloid Leukemia received countless life saving blood donations. I am forever grateful to those people who gave him this gift that allowed us to have him in our lives longer.

Ivy also needs your gift ...

This beautiful ballerina "Ivy"(5yrs) is one of many special people who have received the gift of life thanks to people who donate blood. Ivy receives a transfusion of IVIG every 3 weeks.
THERE'S NO BETTER GIFT THIS CHRISTMAS THAN GIVING LIFE.


Stuck for the perfect Christmas gift? Why not give something that will really make a difference. This year, give something life-saving and donate blood. Every donation saves three lives. To find out how to give the perfect gift, visit http://www.donateblood.com.au/blood-service-campaign/the-perfect-gift?sourceId=PGBL

  1. Make an appointment to donate blood 13 14 95 or online
  2. Print the PDF gift box on the ARCBS website (see above).
  3. Write a personal note inside , talk to your family & friends about donating blood.


The hard facts: (AUSTRALIA)

  • Every donation can save three lives.
  • Every donation is valuable because 1 in 3 Australians will need blood, yet only 1 in 30 donates.
  • The need for blood is constant and all blood components have a limited shelf life, which is why donations are needed every day. Blood and blood treatments are delivered to hospitals around Australia 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – even on Christmas Day.
  • Australia needs over 26,000 blood donations every week to save lives and to meet the need of patients.
  • Donations made in December could help patients recover to be home for Christmas or the New Year.

Editted to add ...Please keep Ivy in your thoughts & prayers today as she is having surgery.

Never miss a post

7 comments :

Glow said...

Very true. My Dad is devastated he can no longer give blood due to being diagnosed with a heart problem that requires medication.

I'm not allowed to donate because I'm breastfeeding, but I donate my milk to the premmie babies! It's the same wonderful feeling that you're helping someone who really needs it.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@Glowless - Breastmilk is a wonderful gift too ! and I agree it is a feel good feeling.

allison tait said...

Great post Trish. That beautiful little face should inspire everyone to donate.

Maxabella said...

They don't want me (I'm a mad cow infected person) but I soooo support this cause in every other way I can (cold hard cash). x

Being Me said...

Superb reminder. xx

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@Allison - Ivy's little face was on the bookmark at the bloodbank today, they were giving it out with 2011 diarys.
Her postcards were there too, thanking blood donors she could now dance.

@Maxabella - sorry :/ but they would appreciate the ca$h too.

@Beingme - thank you !


Today, I just made my 50th blood donation ...the lady beside me was at 52. They took both our photos.
It's a good feeling to know I've helped many people.

Unknown said...

Brilliant post Trish. I can't donate- I have a heart condition- but I'm glad there are so many people who support it xoxox

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.