Monday, 21 March 2011

What a day

It is hard to come down from the clouds after such a great weekend with some of my favourite people at the inaugural Aussie Bloggers Conference 2011.

There was  much to learn and some many beautiful stories told on 'My blog my story' which was one of my favourite sessions along with the crowd sourced keynote speaker readings.

For me , it was all about connecting with my community. The community of people with whom I have developed relationships over the last few years .

Putting a face to well, and lesser known, but much loved names and hearing the real voices of many ... some very surprising ones. Gabbing with and embracing bloggers from across the continent. I can't remember everyone and I'd feel terrible if I left you out.

Trying to listen to great speakers, moderators and follow the twitter stream was also very challenging.

I applaud the team of ladies who made it possible. We all thank you   Brenda , Tina , Veronica , Nicole and Karen for an amazing effort. 

It's hard to face the reality of the mundane, the  bills, the noise, the shamozal of family life, cleaning ( all the awesome cleaning product in the swag bags will be very handy one day) and  the laundry washing machine croaked on Wednesday. I took two loads to my in-laws Wednesday. I did 3 loads at my mum's when I collected my boys after the Ausblogcon Sunday . It meant I also got a hot cooked lunch - thanks mum.

The dinner/dance was amazing fun. I haven't had as much fun in years ...well away from my family.
Thanks to Marilyn @Live first write later I was able to stay in her place. I feel I cheated getting to go at the last minute - it was worth it.

I don't know how much I'll change about my blog. I have a blog makeover coming and I have a lot to think about in terms of the directions I should go. I am enjoying the journey though and proud to be called a blogger even if a lot of my real life community don't understand it.

Never miss a post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...