Friday 28 November 2008

Hot date

In 2 hrs time we get our first child free night out, for dinner, alone in over 2 years.

So no time to stop by and visit anyone today/tonight.

It's been a long time coming and it's a free romantic dinner for two in a private dining room.

We won it last Christmas valued at $150. It expires in 3 weeks... no time like tonight. It's one of my Dec goals and to continue in 2009 -a regular date night.

We have never spent this much money on a night out so I hope it is a great dinner. 

Nanny gets the joy of monster sitting.

Advice of the Day
  1. "Keep a Song in your Heart, a Dance at your Feet, and a Smile on your Face... because You make this world a better place. Remember God made You for this time and this place with purpose and love." Jeanette Mayhew's mum
  2. See this post by Marriage Hacks  Staying happily married while raising little kids 
  3. Praise children often. Let them know you love them just they way they are. If you say this often enough they might just remember it throughout adolescence...still hoping I praised my teen enough.
See you all tomorrow ...


Never miss a post

12 comments :

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time and I look forward to reading how the meal was. :) My DH and I used to be so good with our date nights but this year they've kind of dwindled off again. They're definitely a good idea. We need to become more diligent.

M said...

Have a great date night. Good idea to schedule reguar date nights. We'd do that except babysitting around here can cost us up to $130 a night. Need to find me a local teenager to do the job...

MissyBoo said...

I hope you had a wonderful child-free romantic evening, and rediscovered all of the magic in your relationship :-)

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous night out!

Dina Roberts said...

I hope you had a wonderful date!!

I love all your advice things.

Erin said...

Here from ICLW. Wishing you a wonderful night out with your DH! Enjoy each other. I have been trying to make date night a ritual here, it just hasn't worked very well...

Martin said...

Nice one!

enjoy the date.

Stacie said...

Oh, I am so excited for you! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Crazed Nitwit said...

I sincerely hope you have a fantastic light tripping time!!!!


HUGZ

flickrlovr said...

Hope you had a great time on your special date!

I'm here from AllMediocre.

jeanie said...

Oh well, will be long over by now but I hope it was wonderful (still catching up on what I didn't read from Friday!!)

Le said...

must be the weekend for it - our two lads went to nanna's for saturday nite - we were too tired to do dinner but did a lovely sunday breakfast out instead .... ahhh it was fab :) le

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.