Tuesday 29 April 2008

Screwup Tuesday ...


Bettina started this meme and I am playing today

Screw up 1.

Friday night I ordered 2 Pizzas from HERE - I sent DH, my cousin M and 14yr old to pick them up .They were also going to get a DVD which is in same complex. I say it will be $14.50


They return home with 3 pizzas and I quiz them.
He insists "they said you ordered 3" - I say I didn't .
I open the boxes to dig in quick and only one of the 3 pizzas is what I ordered.

I quiz them more ... Dh said he asked did they have another order for xxxxxx (insert our surname) because he thought I said 2 too. They said no we only have one order for xxxxxx. DH thinks oh well,takes, pays and comes home. The price was almost same $14.90.DH nevers argues on price (even if he remembered I said $14.50 - I would argue over 5c) . He also didn't have his mobile to call and check. Unusual for him not to carry it.



I jump immediately on phone to complain while scoffing down pizza anyway. They aren't sure what happened - I badger them for a credit for next time on my favourite which is missing.



Pizza is all gone 5 mins later ... they start to gnaw read the box lid and talk about the promo . I suddenly notice this ...
uh huh ...

I ask them why they went THERE - instead of HERE


THEY thought I had called THERE (because of the vouchers that DH had brought in with the mail) even though I knew they were going HERE to get a DVD too.

Funny thing is that THERE had pizzas for xxxxxx ready at that exact time and that we beat them to THEIR pizzas .

I bet that the other xxxxxx family were curing THERE's screwup !!! over THEIR pizza's.

In case your wondering I did not ring back HERE - because I was still rolling on the floor laughing my @rse off - we all were was so embarrassed and I am a tightwad - cause they owe me a free pizza ... makes up for the other times when it was cold and crappy.

SCREW UP 2 ...I saved the best for last ... murphy and karma visit ...

DH was outside Saturday and tiding up the Brothers' toys and backyard.

I was inside doing paperwork on my computer. I go outside to check what they are doing ... procrastinating.

DH is mowing the lawn... actually he is kneeling by the grass clippings.

I notice S is sans glasses . I ask where are S's (new 1 week old) glasses.
As I approach DH meets me at the clothes line (not for a kiss)... he opens his wallet and starts laying
in my hot , itcy palms . Then a tatty piece of hat elastic ...

I no comprehendo ...

I look puzzled ...

Then the four hundred dollar bomb penny drops ...


After much WTF "$#@%&^*(#@!%^&*($#@%&)^*(#@!%^&*($#@%&^*(#@!%^&*(*)"

We I kick search the clippings and find the expensive lenses ($120 worth - scratch resistant polycarbonate lenses designed to last to withstand the rough stuff - hello ? does include the lawn mower) but no frame ($159) ...still !

It's now Saturday afternoon -shops are shut - so I create these from the Baby Banz sunglasses by popping out the sunglass lenses and inserting the other lenses. Just to make do till I can rob a bank get back to the shop.


The shop screwed up -the first pair broke after 4 weeks and were slightly small in temple /arms -kept pushing his ears forward , the 2nd pair barely a week old were the replacement but slightly too big in temple so glasses were sitting on his nose and loose - so S kept taking them off. DH didn't see them in the grass ...

So my screwup was blaming DH... and saying a lot of negative things and blowing my 30 day encouragement challenge ...

I am still investigating a new pair -this time I am getting Titanium ones like these Easytwist.

I should have read this information first too.

Totally my screw up ! but shhh don't tell my DH !



Revive our hearts
Day Eight:

"...but who can find a faithful man?" Prov. 20:6b

My husband is without a shadow of a doubt faithful and true to our vows !

Enough said - he is still here after 20 years -18 yrs married.

How am I going with the "30-Day Encouragement Challenge"? In case you've forgotten, here's the challenge:
* You can't say anything negative about your husband ...to your husband...or to anyone else, about your husband.
* Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your husband...and to someone else, about your husband!

Meh .. a few screwups as I mentioned above but still working on it.

9 comments :

Unknown said...

OMW that pizza screw-up sounds like something I would do! I'm LMAO here :)
Hope his glasses get fixed soon, poor mite! Very clever baby banz replacement you made there though!

Anonymous said...

lol on the pizza, how funny.

OOps on the glasses. I don't think I would have been able to keep up the "Revive our Heart' with a situation like that.

Anonymous said...

lol @ the pizza mix up!! That's so funny!

EEEK @ the glasses. That's very unfortunate........ and no I don't think I'd have kept my cool either.

hugs

Anonymous said...

The pizza mix up was funny, but having just paid a wee fortune for my glasses, I can understand that there is no humour in that episode.

If I could access my blog properly, my screw up Tuesday would be my completly bungled upgrade to WordPress 2.5.1!!! Better get back to trying to fix it.

Crazed Nitwit said...

My titanium glasses (with integrated lenses cuz I'm very near sighted with some old age stiffening of my inner lenses) cost over $350.00.
With our last name no one picks up our pizza. there are hundreds of folks in Holland whose last name starts with Reij...........but here in The entire US we are the only ones. My hub does have some relatives in Australia but a different last name.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, the glasses will be our lil secret. Here there is glasses insurance for 50 dollars a year that will replace them for free for 12 months, no matter what happens. My friend gets it for her child.

Anonymous said...

Oh the pizza thing was tooo funny. Pity the people who would have been told their order was already picked up!
Your son looks so gorgeous in his glasses!! And how clever of you with the baby Banz thing!

Anonymous said...

I had to get Nike brand glasses for myself after my girls broke 3 pair in a row. Nike was the only flexible frame brand that has withstood the determined attention of my terrible twosome.

Anonymous said...

I was laughing with tears at the Pizza story.

In retrospect, someday, the glasses story will be a classic in your family however, in these tight times, it is an additional expense and on going issue to deal with. I though you were very clever and creative in how you fixed the problem temporarily.

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

Heehee that pizza "screw up" story was funny... :D

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.