Sunday 25 May 2014

May 25: Fly on the wall

You can be a fly on the wall at any time/stage of history, where do you go?

I thought about this quite a lot.
Though I excelled in History at school there is no where I want to re-visit . I am drawn to personal events in my life instead.

I would like to be a fly on the wall at these events -

The circumstances of my conception (ha ha not doing the deed but the events leading up to it - family joke)

My birth - to see my 18yr old mum (and dad) welcome me into the world via a vaginal breech birth (with forceps).

The birth of ~Charlotte~ born still - because for most of the time I zoned out or spaced out on Pethidine and pain (emotional and physical) . I can't see the details and I want to. I am also curious when she was conceived - as the pregnancy came as a big surprise to us after 12yrs of infertility.

The conception of my IVF twins and their birthing in the operating theatre. I had a spinal block and flat on my back with a huge screen in front of me blocking the view. I missed their entrance via the sun roof. I missed almost the rest of that day - I vaguely remember seeing them that night - not clearly and it's one of the most important times in my life...

Right in the middle of the World Cup at 35 wks and 4 days. The Dr wore fake tattos.
The day we welcomed our little miracles  part 1
and part 2


Where would you go?