Saturday 24 May 2014

May 24 : The last book I read

Actually, I'm reading two and about 1/2 way through each book.

Book 2 in a Trilogy - Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.
Technically, Divergent would be the last book I finished (1st in the trilogy).

Narrated by Death, this story is one that crawls under your skin and reverberates your soul with its images of Nazi Germany, friendship, and loss. The images stirred through Death's telling are so vivid, so wonderful, so tragic.
I admit I almost threw The Book Thief away after the first few pages because it is Narrated by death - very confronting.

"I could introduce myself properly, but it’s not really necessary. You will know me well enough and soon enough, depending on a diverse range of variables. It suffices to say that at some point in time, I will be standing over you, as genially as possible. Your soul will be in my arms. A color will be perched on my shoulder. I will carry you gently away."
 I'm enjoying the book and then I'll watch the movie I downloaded.

I have over 6 books to read over the next 3 weeks while I finish my course of radiation. I'm staying at the Acommodation lodge - thanks to bargain 5 books for $1 at a thrift shop.

I just remembered I am also reading Enid Blyton's The Wishing Chair to my boys .

I was a huge book worm as a child, teenager too. I read 6 books or more a week and was allowed to catch the bus to the town library.

What was the last book you read?