- Start with the little things: a goodbye ~ have a great day hug and a kiss ! and / or welcome home one !
- Hand picked flower or small choc on their pillow (or whatever ticks their boxes !)
- Slip a small card or a note or print a funny / cheeky joke to leave in their lunchbox (if you make it) or sneak something into the car...or under the windscreen wipers or tied to antenna...be creative or a random text message if they don't do home made lunches.
- Leave a small treat/gift in their lunchbox or a homemade voucher for something - back massage , promise to wash the car together, neck rub...(or #2 whatever ticks their boxes !)
- Set aside time for each other, every day, even 5 -10 mins 'face time'
- Check out free at home or $30 date night activities (even stay at home ones can be fun) - schedule them regularly so you both know (ok not so you dread it like the dentist) - plan for a babysitter every so often. (hundreds of ideas here that will get you on the naughty list)
- Be alert to each other's moods and feelings ...make a conscious effort to honour and comfort them when they are experiencing tough days or times. (Even if it kills you to be extra sweet !)
- Switch off i things and technology & TV one night a week for an early night or #5 & #6 ! *
- Ask and remember the bigger things: their hopes, their dreams, their goals - (write them down) - and support endeavours to change habits or make lifestyle changes (lose weight, stop smoking).
- Keep your relationship hawt, young and fresh by doing things differently and surprising them when they least expect it. At least once a week !!!
It takes a little hard work sometimes, but you know ... I wouldn't have it any other way.
'How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.' Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)
IBOT with Jess
♥ Never miss a post