Two weeks ago we were fortunate to see 1927 in concert ...they perfomed for a hour or so. This is one of my favourite songs of theirs. I am showing my age now ...
How many times do we say to ourselves, or to our friends or spouses if we are open enough;
I could be happier
- if only I (or spouse) had a different job or was earning more
- if I lose weight
- if I didn't have ...
- if my in-laws ...
- if we had a bigger house or a new car
- if only I had a house cleaner, chef or laundry fairy
- if only I can get through this rough patch
- if only I wasn't juggling way too many balls ...or rather #FAILing at it.
- if I could had more control over ...
I'll be happier when ...
- I lose weight
- get a job
- move house
- finish my studies
- have more money
- this year is over
- win ...
Everything will get better....when ?
I've seen a few people write about what is happiness ? They all say it so differently.
I think I am happy enough ; I am blessed compared to many people. However, I feel guilty I want things to be happier, easier and better.
I certainly have goals and dreams of things yet to happen.
I find it's easier to look further down the road and want that kind of happiness; when .... all the planets are aligned and the pieces fit together.
I realise, instead, I should live for today, find happiness in the now.
I should accept the hard things and get on with it ... being happy today.
I qualify the above by saying that sometimes we need help when we speak about depression and deep abiding unhappiness or discontent.
Unhappiness that endures for a long time or robs us of any joy is not something you can just get over. (My DH has taken medication/counselling for depression for several years.)
I should ...write down 5 things that made me happy today ...to really tune into the bright spots or moments in my day.
I just don't make the time. I will.
If I can't find 5 ...then 2 or 3 will do.
- God, grant us the...
- Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
- Courage to change the things we can, and the
- Wisdom to know the difference
- Patience for the things that take time
- Appreciation for all that we have, and
- Tolerance for those with different struggles
- Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
- Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
- Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.Commonly attributed to Reinhold Niebuhr
- Living one day at a time;
- Enjoying one moment at a time;
- Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
- Taking, as He did, this sinful world
- As it is, not as I would have it;
- Trusting that He will make all things right
- If I surrender to His Will;
- So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
- And supremely happy with Him
- Forever and ever in the next.
- Just for today !
A few will know of the more humourous versions.
or this naughty one
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
God grant me the senility
to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference. –author unknown
Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy.
How do you define happiness ?
♥ Never miss a post