I fully intended to post a post yesterday but the power went out ... it would probably have been a boring post any way where I told you all how busy I was washing/cooking and cleaning . We spent Wednesday afternoon to Sunday afternoon at the farm (that's another post) so I had a lot of washing to do and cleaning at home to catch up on.
I'm grateful ...
- I decided to get stuck into my housework instead of my google reader and blog commenting ... so the washing was mostly done , the house was tidy, bed was re-made with clean dry sheets (after already doing so the night before. We discovered
Goldilocksthe teen had been 'lying' or sleeping in our bed...Goldilocks he ain't ....then the next morning because a small cuddly boy thing peed a bit on the sheet...I don't like wet patches)
- The small boys were bathed early after a mishap.
- I'd picked up most of the toys and unpacked the groceries.
- I'd cooked a double load of Spaghetti bolognaise and put it in the slow cooker to simmer.
- I started cooking Chocolate brownies from scratch (not a packet) ... the power went out half way through baking. It was lucky I thought of using the hooded gas BBQ as an oven to finish them. They tasted great still...just a little crunchier at the edges. I like this best but not so DH.
- We were able to boil the spaghetti noodles on the side burner of the gas BBQ ...then we ate by candle light & torch light.
- The Bolognaise meat /sauce were still piping hot from being in slow cooker mmm...
- Just as we finished dinner about 1.20mins after the power went out the lights & power came back on ...just in time to finish cleaning up.
No news to update about my DH this week. He is just 'waiting' to start the 6.5 wks of radiation therapy next Tuesday.
My post it's of wisdom this week ...
I love rainbows ...
The truth ...
Just in case you think I talk about you ... I do !!! I still ♥ you !
I ♥ Post it Tuesday♥ Never miss a post