Sunday 14 March 2010

Too busy to blog

Backlog alert !
Amongst other things ...today I've been Spring cleaning.

Yes in 'Autumn' (or fall for those in USA ).
It's been on my can't be bothered to do list for ages.

  1. I rearranged my Tupperware cupboard (found a huge stash of lollies & chocolate in the meat keeper thingo = SCORE for good Karma & good housekeeping)
  2. Cleaned and rearranged the deep freezer ...unearthed a few frozen fossils. I am so glad I don't have to defrost it.
  3. Tidied all 4 of the cutlery/utensil/junk drawers & vacuumed the crumbs & crud.
  4. Tidied the general plates/bowls/cups/casserole dishes/plastic paraphenalia.Wiped out cupboards and I did it all by myself.
  5. Cooked homemade sausage rolls for lunch using leftover turkey I found in said freezer ...Teen,his GF & small boys ate them all. Shhh -I didn't tell them it was leftover Christmas turkey !
  6. Rode my exercise bike a few times in 20 min stretches.
  7. Went shopping for white wine milk & bread ...though I had to buy the 'icecream' (strawberry, chocolate swirl & vanilla tubs) on special ...half price people so 3 x 2l tubs, 6 mini Magnums, 4 caramel crud Magnums later ~ My freezer now has more icecream than regular dinner food. So ? is there a problem ?
  8. Also used up more leftover chicken to cook Teen,GF & my dinner. Chicken Alfredo, with bacon, mushroom , garlic, peas and parmesan cheese (seriously 12 mins tops using the Alfredo packet mix).
  9. I also oven sprayed & cleaned the microwave convection oven (way overdue especially from the Teen who doesn't always use plates/ trays/baking paper or even bother to wipe it after use)
  10. Still managed the regular washing, made the 'bed', unpacked the dishwasher, washed up 3-4 times , picked up toys , play referee ... yell " sit down, stop jumping, stop running, put that back,don't hit him, give that back " 100 times etc.
  11. I even used a can opener to open baked beans for dinner one small boy ...now that truly exerted me. I haven't used the can opener in weeks...lucky I found it . The other small boy chose Number-gettio's (with a ring pull) so that made life easier =).
  12. Distributed numerous snacks/drinks & bribes, over the course of the day, to said small boys in order to do all of this.
  13. ...Finally I sat down with a toasted waffle & vanilla icecream with (frozen) blueberries.Then finished up with a dose of HOUSE !
I know my DH may not notice all my hard work ...*sigh*

...*shudder*...lucky for me or he might expect it all the time !!!

Still I am feeling slightly blissfully domestic.


& P.S. I am so hiding the Magnums now I have so many Tupperware containers with lids...



Never miss a post

2 comments :

Marilyn Rodrigues said...

Good Lord Trish! I got tired just reading the list.

I desperately have to do an 'autumn clean' as well, I'm just putting it off for another, um,week.

Anonymous said...

I am incredibly impressed by your cleaning list. Pretty much every item on the list would be on my list. Unfortunately the way I am going, it is likely to be spring before it is attempted.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.