Wednesday 30 April 2008

Revive our hearts

Day Nine:
"...be swift to hear, slow to speak..." James 1:19b

If listening is a real problem for you, play a game with yourself. See if you can listen to your husband for one whole day, only speaking when asked a question. If your husband notices the difference, explain that you are learning to listen more-not only to God, but also to him.

OMG - if I stop talking he thinks he is in trouble .Even though I didn't get to do this today - it's on my to do list tomorrow. He will think it is Christmas if I tell him I will listen to him ...*snort*

6 comments :

Cathi said...

Keep us posted!

Rebecca said...

What great advise! I'm always opening my mouth when I shouldn't. I really try to work on it, but sometimes I just get excited easily. I know, I'm like a child. Unfortunately I don't have a husband to try this on...

Texasholly said...

Whew, that is a rough one.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. this is something I really need to try.

And such awesome timing. God just is really speaking to me regarding my husband lately. Listening, stop trying to fix, making him top priority. Wow, very timely.

Thank you!

Alison said...

What valuable advice for EVERY relationship.
Thanks for the reminder :)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Hi Cathi - I will I know I said it tongue in cheek but I am serious.

Frigga - the 'lucky one' waiting in the wings for you is going to be blessed by all the knowledge you are gaining - I wish I had half of this stuff

HRH -I agree ...torture

Janel - I thought the same when I came upon this challenge too

Alison - you are so right -if only we listened more there would be less misunderstandings.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.