Sunday, 28 December 2008

So this was Christmas ...

We had a good day Christmas day, all in all, until my Mother in law fell and broke her wrist. She was with us .She didn't tell anyone for a while because she didn't want a fuss .

The pain increased and she told my Dh she knew it was a fracture -it had started to swell.My Dh took her to the casualty at a nearby hospital. Surprisingly she was seen and had a xray within 2.5hrs.They applied a temporary cast/bandage but because it was a bad break it needed surgery.

She left with an appointment to return to another hospital to see an Orphopedic surgeon the next morning (Boxing day).It did not go as planned.

Unfortunately due to the holiday closures of operating theatres and other emergencies she had till wait until this morning for surgery to have it reset under a general anaesthetic.

So she missed the Boxing day family get together and sat in hospital for 2 days waiting.That is why they called them 'patient'.



S & J enjoyed the festivities but mostly they loved running around and playing with all their cousins.They finally got the hang of unwrapping gifts and were thrilled with the new toys. We didn't go overboard though.



On a much sadder note I read today Emilie Lemmons passed away in her sleep on Christmas Eve.

When I wrote about Emilie last week I had no idea her passing would be so soon.Maybe she didn't know either. I did not know her at all except through her blog but I will remember her final words of wisdom and her last favourite quote.

"And did you get what
you wanted from this life, even so?

I did.

And what did you want?

To call myself beloved, to feel myself
beloved on the earth."

— Raymond Carver

She is now free from pain and suffering but how incredibly hard it will be for her husband and two small sons.

As I wrote last week ....The message I will take away is life is far too precious and we should ....just live intensely in the present, absorbing and embracing life as it happens. I'll let the superficial things in life go and stop sweating the small stuff. In the end will they matter.

Carpe Diem ... Today and always I will be thankful beyond measure and vow to seize every day that I can to Live well, Laugh often, & Love with all of my heart!


Never miss a post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...