Monday, 31 March 2008

What's to eat ...

Every night ...unless I do my Menu plan Monday I have to think about what will we eat ?
to cover the palates of two toddlers (one very fussy and the other an average eater who likes his vegetables) , a bottomless pit teen and also what will satisfy the desires my sex starved love slave and his concubine (oops that would be me and that's another post)

Today I got this link Mealopedia that might help ...
Rising food prices starting to take more out of your pocket? Tired of wandering aimlessly around the supermarket?
I can see you are nodding your head too ... did you read my shopping experiences with twins

Mealopedia helps you to achieve affordable and painless grocery shopping by creating your weekly menu & a shopping list that only contains the required amounts of ingredients you'll need. No more repeat supermarket trips to pick up forgotten items and no more half-baked meals.
They even have this nifty recipe finder
Have an ingredient in the fridge or cupboard but don't know what to do with it? Got a craving for something special? Try our new Recipe Finder to find recipes that match your needs!

Or better yet ...The Planning Queen has some awesome planning and menu ideas - you can even print off a shopping list.

I also can't wait to hear how Marita @ Stuff with thing does 4 weeks worth of shopping in one hit.I am so jealous.

Last night we had a traditional lamb and beef roast except we cooked the meat in the hooded BBQ and it was mmmmmmm. My family were here and they even brought the meat.

This morning I baked these awesome (well I think so) chocolate pecan chunk cookies .We had left over Easter eggs ( I know that is breaking all the chocolate rules) but Aldis chocolate is not as good as Cadbury and the darn teen hates it plus it got melted on the way out to the farm in my Niece's car and foil was hard to peel.

Oops I almost forgot menu plan

Tonight: who knows ? I feel like Old Mother Hubbard my cupboards and fridge are bare. I am going shopping when DH gets home to save dragging the Brothers or the grumbling teen about.

Tuesday : BBQ Satay Marinated Chicken and vegetable sticks in Satay Sauce and Jasmine Rice, steamed beans & peas (for J)

Wednesday: Spaghetti Bolognaise - the family's favorite meal - everyone eats this (complete with home grown basil , hidden grated carrots/home grown zucchini and red Lentils -I am really sneaky.)

Thursday:Chicken Schnitzel, creamy potato mash and vegetable (plus rice side dish and peas for J - he likes peas)

Friday:Beef Strognoff and rice

Saturday: I might try making my own pizza dough now I bought some yeast

Sunday : Roast ? & gravy , roast potatoes/pumpkin and lots of steamed vegetables .Another family dinner with my brother, his family and my Mother !

what's for dinner at your place ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...