My minions inherited their love of vacuuming from their dad. The first thing that attracted me after his candylicious bod was that he did the vaccuming for his MUM every week.
I fell for the " Oh sorry I'll be late for our date I'm still doing the vacuuming for mum "
He probably was.
It felt like Christmas when I was invited to attend the Dyson event at the Sydney Good Food and Wine Show. While decorating cupcakes and being invited to make a big mess - we had the opportunity to make a see how the clean up can be a breeze with a Dyson V6 Absolute Handstick vacuum. Best you pop over there and read the technical stuff.
So this arrives -
Dyson V6 Absolute 'Cordless' Vacuum - a new toy for the boys though I secretly take it for a quick zip when no-one is watching.
Then the vacuuming wars began. I supervised closely so the wand didn't turn into a light sabre or weapon of mass destruction to beat the bro'.
|This was only a small handful of what we recovered over a few vacs.|
The V6 Absolute is rightfully at the top end of the V6 range as a “premium vacuum”. It covers the bases of the entire Dyson family - V6 Handstick; the V6 Animal (specialist for pet hair as well as hard/soft floors) ; the V6 Motorhead Handstick designed just for carpets , V6 Fluffy Handstick for hard floors.
Each model looks slightly different, comes with slightly different batteries and attachments but the wands/heads are interchangeable on our two.
Vacuuming is not meant to take all day - in less than 20 minutes this awesome vacuum’s super power zips through the dust , detritus and crumbs. Super 6 mins on max power on a single charge sucks up the cat hair on my outdoor lounge. the dust from around the fireplace was a big winter problem.
Maintenance instructions suggest rinsing of the filters, once per month or so and my friend tells me they send you a message to remind you.
It's comforting knowing that the dust and allergens aren’t being exhausted into the air largely to the HEPA filter attached to the back of the unit.
The GOOD -
Every head you could possibly want .
V6 Absolute comes with
- a soft-roller cleaner head for hard floors,
- a direct-drive cleaner head for soft floors,
- a mini-motorised tool for pet hair , car mats and seats, furniture, stairs - the anywhere, suck up anything vacuum.
- a mini-soft dusting brush for compact tasks like keyboards and other such delicates.
- extension pole attached for floor use and detached for compact hand held suck ups.
- 2 Tier Radial™ Cyclone Technology: Flings dust out of the air and into the bin, separating out even the most microscopic particles.
- 2 year parts and labor warranty.
Should unexpected friends pop in you have just enough time to do a quick zip around the kitchen and entry.
Though we rarely change the heads - Dyson comes with a docking station/wall bracket too for storage of all the accessories - we haven't decided when to put ours yet.
- You have to work quickly because apparently it takes 3.5 hours to fully recharge from empty (according to Dyson) .
- So if you have a bigger house to clean, you’re going to do something else in between charges.
- I think it is worth the price tag yet it's something a lot of average families might not see the value in investing in - unless they read a stunning review and are convinced.
- The sizeable bagless bin needs emptying often , duh' that means it's doing it's job - especially with my dirt magnets and their boots off rule interpretation - "That's for muddy boots Mum! " and hubby "I'm just in for a minute" Why can't they just follow the rules.
- ONLY 2 year parts and labor warranty.
- Available from Dyson.com.au and select retailers.
- Range: Dyson V6 RRP: $499, V6 Animal RRP: 699, V6 Fluffy RRP: $799, V6 Motorhead RRP:$799, V6 Absolute RRP:$899.
Now the kids are all revv'ed up by the intensely powerful Dyson's V6 motor. I'm still sitting back watching them vacuum and waiting for the V8's.