Friday 9 May 2014

May 9 : The Best Ice-cream flavour in the World is….

Now we're talking ! my favorite frozen treats ?

Sob - I want some tonight but I'm too exhausted to search the freezer if they left me any or spoon feed myself !


My favourites are classics , the favorites that I grew up on – Chocolate and Strawberry and Vanilla  Ice Cream (AKA Neapolitan - now it has to be real deal)


From a Max Brenner Birthday visit a few too many years ago !

Belgium Chocolate Ice Cream
Strawberry Ice Cream
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Cadbury Choc Chip 
Mango Ice Cream
Pistachio Nut Ice Cream
Rocky Road Ice Cream

Caramel Ice Cream and any gourmet ones with nougat or crunchy bits.
Lime and Coconut Icecream ...
Or Ice Cream accompanied by any of these desserts ...

Waffles ...you did get the message ! Pie too !!


Did you know one can’t make a proper ice cream sundae without toppings ?

Sprinkles, Smarties , Nuts, Flake and Hot chocolate fudge, Caramel or butterscotch sauce ... fruit (strawberries or blueberries for good health.)

I do like mine served in a proper sundae glass or a waffle cone !

I am very partial to Fruit Sorbets and Gelatos - I especially like Raspberry too when hitting up the local ice cream shops or Italian restaurants but technically they are not ice cream.

I haven't tried using a real ice cream maker but I am always trying new flavors and am constantly finding new favorites in the supermarket ...on special.

We had a Baskin-Robbins ~ Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake at Christmas and everyone declared it the best Ice cream ever.

PS - I am definitely an Ice cream snob I will not eat home brand or cheap ice -cream. I politely say NO ! because real Ice Cream rules.


Question - how do you stop Ice cream drips ?

1.The Perfect Mother's way:
Stuff miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice-cream drips.

The Busy Mum's way: Just suck the ice-cream out of the bottom of the cone for Pete's sake. You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it anyway!!




What is your favourite Ice cream flavour ?  

I still don't understand the fuss about Ben and Jerry - what am I missing ?

Linking up with the gorgeous  Clairey Hewitt