Tuesday 6 May 2014

May 6: In ten years time I will be

...wishing I knew now what I will know then.


 
It was never an easy question to answer and it's taken me all day.
Yes, I was busy and also putting it off.


I honestly don't know where I will be in 10yrs.
Barely, can I think where I will be in 10 days or 10 months.


There may be some people that find it hard to read this - I certainly don't want to even think about it .
Seriously, who knows how long I have here on earth !

 I feel very apprehensive now I am facing a second life threatening cancer diagnosis and whatever is lurking on my lungs.

Talking about my mortality and knowing I have 25 radiation treatment sessions  (with many potential side effects) ahead of me does my head in.

Then there is the PET scan...
I didn't choose this road.
A road which is so overwhelming, on so many levels but it doesn't stop me from wanting to live life to the full, with my husband by my side.

Not a day that goes by where I am not grateful to awaken to another day , look into the faces of husband and sons; grateful that I can. I owe it to myself to enjoy life as much as I can.
 
In ten years time I plan to be living an active lifestyle which means I can still eat cake is recommended to reduce the risk of reoccurrence - I hope to inspire other Breast cancer and Sarcoma survivors to get active too.

Maybe I'll have run my marathon or 10.

We have a beautiful farm cottage, established gardens and grow our own food.

No doubt I will have unticked items on my never ending bucket list ...because that is how I roll.
My expectations are higher than my actual motivation or bank balance.

Live every act fully, as if it were your last. - Buddha This is my bucket !
Are you familiar with The Bucket List , a movie starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson?
They begin by writing out bucket lists and start doing whatever they have to do to cross everything off.  It follows Freeman and Nicholson as they battle cancer , deciding that they need to get out and really experience their lives before they die.

Like the theme of 43 things, 30 before 30 etc . Four years ago I started a 101 in 1001 days ; really a list of achievable goals.

While you might not actively have a bucket list that you maintain or write down - everyone supposedly has at least one thing that they would really love to do before they die. I know there is such an incredible wealth of things I could try.
Better to fail than never try.

This list is awesome !

In theory ,  it's Ah, the bucket list ...hey that's too scary !.

Still a Bucket list is an ingenious way to motivate myself to get the most out of life.
More.
Infinitude.

To not to let it all pass me by, to make me feel that I can accomplish and experience something in this wonderful life.

I know I don't want to be too lazy or chicken to try things just because I might fail.



So here I am , gazing at the many unchecked items on my own 43 things and 101 list --
I wonder How do you (or I) write a bucket list ?

Start by taking mental notes , an online or a hard copy about what comes to mind as you answer these questions:
  • What if you were to die tomorrow  ...What would you wish you could do before you die?
  • What have you always wanted to do but have not done yet ?
  • What will you do if you had money and time ?
  • What are your biggest dreams ?
  • What do you want to see in person ?
  • Any countries, landmarks or cities do you want to visit?
  • What special moments do you want to witness?
  • What experiences do you want to have / feel?
  • What activities or skills are keen to learn or try out?
  • What are the most important things you can ever do?
  • What crazy ? thinking outside the square thing would you like to do ?
  • Have you unresolved things or fears to confront ?
  • What would you like to say or do together with other people? Family? Friends?
  • What spiritual goals do you have ?
I am still unsure how I am going to act on mine ...that is once I finish or start making or reviewing my existing  lists !
On October 3rd 2010  I wrote How do you eat an Elephant it was about my 101 list - which I haven't re visited for over a year.
Busy.

I am excited to tick a few things off today - actually amazed how many things I have done and now ticked off. I forgot.

Though I still need to review and remove a few impossibilities and reach for the stars.

Clairey Hewitt. has inspired me to blog every day in May 
Today’s prompt: In ten years time I will be…


May-Button-Clairey