Thursday 16 May 2013

This is my lot in life. It's not a lot, but it's my life.

~ LMS ?
Day 16 Blog Everyday in May
Being diagnosed with Breast Cancer has been the most difficult 'Lot in life' I have ever encountered , up there with losing my daughter, and my husband being diagnosed with cancer 3 yrs ago.

It has also opened my eyes to the fact I am not alone nor unique because of breast cancer..

You can read a few of the posts here

When Life is a Bitch
A big Internet hug
Life is a Bitch 2 
Comfort in Music 
Damn Straight - Double Mastectomy 
Hands of Kindness
Monday Muse and Moan 

Lots of people are fighting their own battles every single day. Depression, Diabetes, Addiction and even the man flu ...


What if we all wore a sign to describe our battle - would you care more about lesser things ?
Or you just adhere to the attitude of "I'm glad it's not me" or "Get over it " when you read some sob stories.
It is something I now think more about before getting annoyed at someone too because they have a whinge about whatever LOT is giving them LOTS of strife.

I digress. I'm working running (or walking) to overcome "my lot" by staying as fit and as healthy as possible.

I encourage others to run too, to fundraise for the cure and to support those already affected by breast cancer. I'm registering for 14km City to Surf - walk or running for Breast Cancer Network Australia. Once I get my fundraising page up I hope I get sponsors !
PS - Even if I never know what your battle or 'Lot in life ' is - I hope you overcome and win , or at least enjoy the fight. :)