Sunday 12 August 2012

Crossing the line

Today, I completed the 14km - Sydney City to Surf (with 85,000 others) in very chilly and windy conditions . We also got a light sprinkle of rain and a little sunshine .

I took it easy and found a pace partner in another Team World Vision runner....walker.

We crossed the line in about 2hrs.


Last night before I went to bed I checked my target hero meter and I'd already crossed the line @ $1000. I was so excited.

It was the best feeling ever to go to sleep knowing, thanks to the generous donations of family and friends from everywhere, I had reached my $1000 target for World Vision Australia . Thank you all so much xoxox 1000 times over. So many families will be helped to have a better life and lives saved.

They emailed me already

Together, you have raised almost $40,000 which is truly tremendous!  Through the Multiplying Gift Appeal this is multiplied by up to 10.  That's almost $400,000 worth of food aid and relief essentials that can distributed to children and families in urgent need in countries like Kenya. 



We caught the train in and another friend M met up with us after the race. On the way back to her car I saw some people from National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF - fund research for prevention and cure) ...actually the race Sports Fundraising Manager who manages the team runners.I told her I'd like to run for them next year, in hot pink. She gave me her card : )

My friend had misplaced her car but we found it . How serendipitous was meeting that lady out of the 100,000 plus people at Bondi , as we wandered about looking for M's car !

I also met up with the gorgeous Grace, from With Some Grace (she ran the whole way) and Tat @Mum in Search came down to say hello too.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad