Saturday 7 January 2012

Crust Gourmet Pizza - Once bitten , Smitten -WIN a {Friday Night Off} kit

How does a night off cooking sound ?
It's every mother's dream ...
What is the favourite take away meal in our house after hot chips ?
Pizza.

I was so excited for the opportunity to try Crust Gourmet Pizza. The pizza everyone is talking about - I've heard so many good things about it on twitter and read all the reviews.

I ordered in store so I watched the Crust Pizza guys in action. You can order online or by phone as well. They have Gluten free and wholemeal base options as well on some pizzas and even healthier menu options.


I saw the amazing display of fresh ingredients on display at the shop front window (totally behind glass). The staff were very generous with toppings and they were fast and neat. They were very friendly too. They were topping up the display with more fresh ingredients in new trays as I watched.


About 2 mins after I placed my order my brother called to place an order with me - So I ordered extra pizza for my Brother and his family.

As we live a little too far to enjoy it hot at home I was planning on giving my Mum a night off cooking too and sharing it with her (she lives close to the Penrith store). So we had a Family Night in but out with the my extended family.

It was so hard to resist sampling a piece right away - the aroma coming from those cardboard boxes was amazing!

kid's chicken & pineapple with real chicken
ham & pineapple

Crust recently launched their Kids Meal range,  a 9″ inch pizza in a choice of three flavours : Ham And Pineapple, Chicken And Pineapple, and Cheese and organic juice.

I drooled over  chose the Peking Duck : marinated Peking duck breast, steamed bok choy, shallots and sesame seeds, with a hoisin base and garnished with fresh chilli  (They used whole ones we could remove them without any burning)
Hubby had the Wagyu Beef, Asparagus, Red Capsicum, Shallots & Marinated Tiger Prawns on a Tomato base, drizzled with Hollandaise sauce, served with Salt & Cracked Pepper. Well we all tried it so he didn't get much ...

Crust Pizza really was the most delicious pizza we have all tasted - all the kids agreed.

My Brother paid for a Meat deluxe from Meat range and Crust Supreme and they were was also a winner. We still had leftovers for the next day. The Caesar salad with Chicken was delicious.

My boys at five years old didn't finish a whole pizza but they ate every bit of the 2 slices that had - a first, plus the topping stayed intact and didn't slide off !
Did I mention they have desserts

Now that i've got your attention ...

One lucky winner will receive an incredible Crust *Friday Night Off kit which includes
2 x Upper Crust {Super Gourmet} pizzas, 2 x kids pizzas with organic juicebox, 1.25 l soft drink, salad and 4 desserts, pack of UNO cards and a DVD for Mum & Dad.

{* Can be used any day not just Friday}

Thanks Crust - how awesome is that !
Tell me what toppings would you chose to make your own Gourmet pizza or why you should win?

Get creative to win !

Entries close January 15th 11.59pm (Voucher must be used by 31st January)
One winner will be chosen based on creativity and orginality.
If the prize is not claimed within 7 days of the winner being emailed or notified - there will be a re-draw.
Competition is open to Australian residents only -because whilst the kit is sent to you - Pizza Prize is a pick up :-)

(You Can opt for Home delivery normally but not for the purposes of redeeming this Prize)

Disclosure: I received a Friday night in pack for the purpose of this review.  No financial payment was offered nor accepted for this post.  All opinions expressed are my own.

Congratulations to Salz - the lucky Crust Pizza Winner !