Tuesday 6 December 2011

How do you take care?

I don’t plan to return to full time work next year as my twins start kindergarten. While I plan to get actively involved in their classroom as a parent helper I’ll also have some spare time to do some things for myself and others.

I’d really like to get involved in my community to assist isolated women (of any age) and especially older country women facing difficulties related to drought, flood, depression and unemployment.

I know many would like to learn to use the Internet, maybe Facebook and how to email ,to break their isolation and develop social networks. I also know many can’t even afford basic skin, hair and body products we take for granted.




How can I start this up? 

Garnier is a trusted brand that takes inspiration from local people doing extraordinary things. They are looking for 10 Take Care Ambassadors

What is a Take Care Ambassador?

Inspiring Australian’s who are currently engaged with a grassroots project; whether it be fundraising for a local school or sporting group, assisting with community activities or raising awareness of important local issues.

How will you be supported?
You will receive a $1000 gift from Garnier to support your community project as well as gain exposure for your initiative through the Garnier website and Facebook page. You will also meet the Garnier team during a special Induction Day in Melbourne where you will be treated to a professional photo shoot and receive Garnier products to trial and review.
After I heard about Garnier, The Circle, I entered ...

It was so hard to describe it in 100 words or less (REALLY)
My project is to assist socially isolated and older country women (Central western NSW) navigate the Internet and social media. Teaching them to use Internet, Facebook and email to develop support networks, help overcome depression and keep in touch with families and friends. Country families face difficult times amidst unemployment, drought and flood disasters. Take Care Ambassador would help set this up. Further, I’d provide Garnier take care packages for women in families facing hard times that cannot afford basic hair, skin and beauty care products. Luxuries we take for granted, to make them felt good about themselves.
Whether I become an ambassador or not I’d still like to give this a go on some scale.

Are you passionate about something – or already involved in a community initiative? 

Then I’d encourage you to enter your own project to become a Take Care Ambassador for Garnier
Read more about it here.

Then go to their FB page http://apps.facebook.com/ambassadorscontest/contests/168501?wfrefid=13661a80add9 and click on 'Enter Now'




PS Entries are open now and close January 4th