Saturday 23 February 2008

Smiley Saturday









I have lots of reasons to smile everyday and this week I smiled because
  • my new planted zucchini seedlings, cherry tomatoes, basil and spinach are growing. It might only be a small crop but it is a start. I haven't had a vegie garden in almost 10 years
  • Blogger spell check is working again ! Finally !
  • We had a little rain and a break from the constant rain
  • I found a new widget today ...{look below the clock} so I can click directly to your blogs if you visit me .
  • I lost a few readers again today according to Feedburner but my heart is lighter by the sweet comments made yesterday . I know it is about quality over quantity.
  • I made some new blogging friends (sadly I am still working on my blogroll) and have had many a giggle at their posts and also reflected on their serious ones ... Naomi , Jeanie and Marita are other new find along with the Coven ...Anja , Bettina & Nikki aka Widdle Shamrock [I love her handle - her blog name is unusual as is Anja's and Bettina has good taste in drums too ;) ]
  • Cathy I came across a while ago but she is a faithful reader .She also has a scrap booking store.
  • I have read some heartbreaking stories the last few days - that didn't make me smile but the way the blogging community reaches out to comfort others in pain , even across the world - did !
  • We spent a lovely Saturday afternoon with our twin playgroup friends at the first birthday of Hayden & Chelsea.
  • The Magician "BK" who entertained us was 14yrs old and he was a whizz , a real master ! I could not figure out how he did the card tricks, rope or foam ball tricks ... He was breath-taking . I think one day he has a future in all things magical. He was barely a metre away from some of us - so he was a great illusionist.
  • The sweet Kate has offered to help me design my new header ...
Okay - that's enough about me - what made you smile ?
head over to Lightening's and join us all.

11 comments :

Cathy said...

Thanks for the mention - that made me smile :)

Love this Smiley Saturday concept - after a hard week it's nice to stop and reflect on the positive parts that we may not otherwise acknowledge. May have to join you all in this Saturday fun :)

Anonymous said...

We just planted out our first batch of vege seedlings that we grew ourselves today!! Makes you feel good aye?
:)

Melissa Markham said...

Congrats on the growing garden:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely Saturday. Keep us posted on the garden progress.

jeanie said...

Oh, your list made me smile. Planting seedlings? There is an idea...

Anonymous said...

That's an impressive list! :-) I wonder if BK hires out for parties?

Nice to meet you too... hehe... feels weird saying that when I've been lurking for weeks.

Texasholly said...

Yeah for spellcheck!

The Miss of Abyss said...

Your vegie garden sounds fantastic.

Ooo, I love a good illusionist. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Laura said...

Sorry about my negligence in visiting you every day! If it's of any consolation, you're not alone...I've been neglecting all my bloggy friends. :(
I've been in hibernation--sleeping every possible moment, it must be a preggo lady thing. Darren thinks that I'm already starting to save up energy for when Carly comes!

Good list, as usual, this week on things that make you smile. I'm also happy with the support system found in many online communities--what a blessing.

Looking forward to seeing your Weekly Winners later! ;)

Anonymous said...

Your list made me smile. I agree about how the blogging community rally around each other. It is truly wonderful, no matter what time of the day or night there is always someone around.

Anonymous said...

Awesome list Babyamore. Thanks for joining in again! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.