Tuesday 22 January 2008

What are you doing on Australia day ?

On a lighter note I wanted to share this hilarious ad by Australia Day Council ...
... with captions for my international readers



“Mr Smither ?"
"ah yeah"
"Our records indicate that last Australia Day you spent the day ....on the couch
"right"
"Not a fan of BBQ's ...not overly social?"
" I love BBQ's"
“Really ?' ... "Do you think Farnsie (John Farnham) would neglect his barbie?”

"Listen, Australia Day is your chance to say thanks! For beaches, lamington drives,Kylie (Minogue) and a democratic right to give *dead arms! ... See you at the fireworks then!”
"right"
(I still had trouble deciphying it and the word sync is out on youtube -here is a better version)

So what are doing ? If you live in NSW you can do this on Australia day see here for your state
We are still deciding what to do ...




(these were Sydney NY Eve 2007)

* a friendly punch in shoulder

Just for fun do you remember Austen Taysus - Australiana (slightly coarse content warning)

your turn - what things do you consider unique to Australia ?


3 comments :

Marita said...

I like to torture my overseas friends with gifts of vegemite. They usually forgive me because I send the TimTams at the same time. :grin:

Anonymous said...

Tim Tams, Cherry Ripes, Twisties, Vegemite, Tea Tree Oil, Aboriginal art,and slanguage.
I have travelled to many countries and lived in 4 different countries for extended periods. I LOVE Australia best.
Mxx

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Marita - oh yes , Tim Tams- I must buy some for Saturday.
We eat our Vegemite nearly every day -too
I agree Megan - Cherry ripes are so good. I have never travelled outside of Australia (unless you count Tassie and a few Islands LOL)
I have to hide the Twisties from my eldest - the babies already love Twisties.
The closest to travelling now is by the seat of my pants and fingertips across the blogosphere.
We saw a lot of Aboriginal art when we travelled NT - I really enjoy it one day we might have enough to buy it.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.