Friday 18 November 2011

Home Stretch

We are on the home stretch now .


I know we will cross the border into NSW later today.

I know 

...I will be glad to get home though we have had the best time in Western Australia. I am sad it has to end.

... we have missed our 18 yr old .Today Sam & Joel were drawing 'little guys' with sad, fretful faces because they have really missed him . I miss our extended family too ( for real ) though it doesn't seem like we have been away from them for 2 months.

...it was 39 degrees in Port Augusta today. I am glad we have a powered site tonight in Wilmington SA , the first time in a week. Three cheers for air conditioning, it's the first time we have needed it in weeks anyway.

...of all my modern conveniences I've missed my Internet the most (can you believe it ?)

...I have quite a few goodies and prizes waiting for me at home .
It will be like Christmas

What !

credit

...once we get home I'll still have 4 weeks to prepare for Christmas and how could I forget this

Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space.~ Dave Barry
I know I am especially glad I have my Christmas Planner !

Are you playing Things I know?