Thursday, 10 February 2011

21 years ... Good, bad and beautiful

21 years ago today I walked down the aisle and promised to love honor and cherish my best friend.It is a decision I have never regretted (well 99% of time ) !! I love him beyond measure and I am so proud to be his wife.

I don't want to give any illusion that we have a perfect marriage ...some days far from it. We have had struggles & strife in our relationship.

Still , I'm grateful in a way words cannot define that my husband has stood by with me through good, bad and beautiful , in sunshine and in rain and through all mannner of storms.

I often think of all we have been through together, the brilliant and not so. Life having thrown us what we least expected but we survived by the grace of God. The last year especially.

There is so much assvice on the dress, the flowers, the ceremony, the pictures, the cake and chosing a honeymoon destination . There's not to so much on how to get back on your feet when the metephorical rug has been pulled from underneath you.

Or how your marriage can struggle to survive infertility, stillbirth , unwanted advice from 'outsiders', parenting teenagers and serious illness ... cancer for example. Sometimes you walk through blindly and hope none of the hurdles trip and overwhelm you completely .When paddling up $#!+ creek you just pray you don't fall in and/or drown ...it's hard to keep breathing sometimes too.


I still don't have the answers.


This gem was found at the bottom of the a page under a 'recipe'. I think it is worth sharing! Enjoy









...but he is very fond of Chocolate .
Never miss a post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...