Friday 27 November 2009

50 Things everyone should know

I saw this at Jenty's I know I’m not capable of some from a quick skim of the list but it’s a fun thing to test…

While not totally comprehensive , here is a list of 50 things everyone should know how to do:

1. Build a Fire (start one anyway)
2. Operate a Computer
3. Use Google Effectively
4. Perform CPR and the Heimlich maneuver
5. Drive a Manual Transmission Vehicle (into a ditch ...)
6. Do Basic Cooking
7. Tell a Story that Captivates People’s Attention – not sure about this one !
8. Win or Avoid a Fistfight
9. Deliver Bad News - (only if it comes with free tears & tissues !)
10. Change a Tyre
11. Handle a Job Interview (? three times)
12. Manage Time (Jury is out on this one)
13. Speed Read
14. Remember Names - (mostly)
15. Relocate Living Spaces
16. Travel Light (Shocking at this ...I pack everything)
17. Handle the Police (Depends what for)
18. Give Driving Directions (don't ask my DH to agree)
19. Perform Basic First Aid
20. Swim (slowly and not too far across )
21. Parallel Park (given time and lots of attempts on a clear approach)
22. Recognize Personal Alcohol Limits
23. Select Good Produce
24. Handle a Hammer, Axe or Handsaw (enough to do a simple hack job)
25. Make a Simple Budget
26. Speak at Least Two Common Languages (Does Pirate count?)
27. Do Push-Ups and Sit-Ups Properly (shocking at this)
28. Give a Compliment
29. Negotiate - (again so long as you agree with me)
30. Listen Carefully to Others
31. Recite Basic Geography
32. Paint a Room (streaks are in vogue)
33. Make a Short, Informative Public Speech (Nervously and hesistantly)
34. Smile for the Camera (rarely)
35. Flirt without Looking Ridiculous – doubt it
36. Take Useful Notes
37. Be a Respectful House Guest
38. Make a Good First Impression
39. Navigate with a Map and Compass (so long as I can turn it the right way)
40. Sew a Button onto Clothing
41. Hook up a Basic Home Theater System
42. Type (not fast and not properly)
43. Protect Personal Identity Information
44. Implement Basic Computer Security Best Practices (Does Parental Control count & hiding )
45. Detect a Lie – depends who you’re talking about here three yr olds & teens master at it !
46. End a Date Politely Without Making Promises (only had a few)
47. Remove a Stain depends ...
48. Keep a Clean House (no time limits apply here with twins & teenager)
49. Hold a Baby (two at once in fact)
50. Jump Start a Car ...(why I 'd call a man or NRMA)

As I initially thought ! Hopeless ....but I manage a pass.


Never miss a post

12 comments :

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Sure. Pirate counts Ahoy!

Jayne said...

What is this Google of which you speak and does it come in many colours ? lol ;)

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....I got 31. Not too good, but not too bad, either. My husband can do the others (and most of mine), so I figure we're a good team! lol

Happy ICLW!

Unknown said...

Ooh, this is a great list - I may have to use this meme on my own blog. Some of them seem so subjective, though, you know? I don't really like to cook, but I could probably do all the basics, does that count?

allison tait said...

Pirate??? I love it! I am surprised and chuffed by how many of these things I can actually do. You made my day with this! Thanks for rewinding at the Fibro.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@Allison - yes , it's pirate on facebook - you can change the language LOL.

I should add a new one snatch strap a car from the bog.

Jodie Ansted said...

I'm so hit and miss with selecting good produce. Sometimes I *think* I've found the perfect mango...nup. Hubby tends to shop for fruit. I'm not good at it! :)

Diminishing Lucy said...

"Hook up a Basic Home Theater System" - in a million years I never thought I would be able to do this - but this afternoon, I did......

I love this list - you may well see me replicate this idea on my blog.....I shall link to you!

Loz said...

How about finding time to think of 50 things you must know :)

ClaireyHewitt said...

Jump starting a car takes two people...if the other person knows how, I can help!

Floortime Lite Mama said...

Good list
Rather impressed with your abilities and shocked by my own inability to do many things
Visting from Blog Gems

Jen said...

Pirate definitly counts :D Thanks for joining in blog gems:) Jen

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.