Winter has arrived -it was overcast though it wasn't too cold.We couldn't play outside much today as they were brick cleaning the house next door using acid. The over spray was drifting into our yard and other our shrubs. Hopefully the pouring rain (now) will wash it off .
I have set a few goals this month inspired by many new found blogs like Journeyer's Chronicles
Good intentions Goals For June
- BLOG 365 continues . I haven’t missed a day yet though most days I don’t post till 11pm.
- My new goal is to have my posts up by 3pm (failed x 2 so far) and trying to use Blogger scheduled posts (ahead of time) for days I am busy.
- Find a new comment system (if it’s possible) and design a new header for my blog.
- Continue commenting and connecting with new people during National Comment Leaving Month … leaving a minimum of 5 comments a day on new blogs and returning one visit (I return almost all ;) )
This is crunch time
(You can see more on adding borders and padding to your images at Blogging Sueblimely...an excellent tutorial and easy to follow.I need to tweak it a little more and find a colour chart)
PhotographyLearning more about photography is a long term plan but playing around with piknik and other online software.
As I'm essentially a SAHM - we live on a very reduced income since S & J arrived. My aim is to
- explore a few blogs about reducing grocery spending and start my own price book.
- Track our spending more carefully.
- Review what we have been spending the last few months too.
- Stick to my Buy Nothing Challenge as much as possible.I did buy a few things for birthday gifts and some tracksuits pants for the S & J.We have a few clothes from last winter that still fit and preloved clothes so they don’t need too much. They do go through lots of pants because they play hard, tumble and spill onto the dewy grass and find dirt and now sand.
- I have a pattern now to make some pants … just need to buy material
- We received in the mail ta guide for cost/hr of various electrical appliances …time to switch off a lot of appliances.
Planning and Productivity
- Finish organising this and sort my filing cabinet and system out .
- Staring 2008 tax early this year and getting end of financial year stuff underway.
- Learning more from Journeyer on Getting Things Done
- Review and rewrite my 43 things and draft my 101 in 1001 days. I want to start on my birthday.
- Make new to do lists and charts- I found this excellent link to a create your own custom styled schedule and task list for kids and adults. It has every theme imaginable - all the cartoon characters (Like Thomas,Sponge BOB, DORA, Sesame street ,Princess and animals etc) you chose your own pictures and you add your own task/chore list... then print it off.
- Leave earlier to get to appointments. playgroup and church on time
Growing our own vegetablesWe still have a few white zucchini growing , and a few seedlings of chinese cabbage ,cauliflower and something else ? – our neighbours who are market gardeners gave us LOL – I have to ask him again. I want to plant more seedlings this week. I have 4 tiny tomato seeds planted but they are for later on.
Have you got any short goals or long term plans ?
What are your goals for June ?
Oh ! I almost forgot the biggest thing is planning S & J's 2nd birthday. The Planning Queen has a series of great tips.
S & J are now 23 months old. I can't believe it.They have just started talking the last few weeks. Still, it is hard to know what they are saying but they uses some signs and gestures. I catch my breath when I see the love they have for each other always
With awe and wonder I marvel at the little things they do like patting or comforting one another when they are crying or hurt (or saying sorry after whacking the other with a toy) and even sharing chocolate.I listen in amazement at the things they say to me, 'EAT'
They leave a trail of destruction but laughter in their wake.
Welcome NCLM visitors - please read my welcome post HERE
One last thing ... I am trying to get to bed by
I am so addicted to blogging ... I can't leave you all. For the sake of the Tool man -it's my no 1 goal.
Never miss a post