or break the rules and eat them when you like.
Browsing through Instagram this morning, on an empty stomach, my feed was full of yummy breakfasts. I didn't have much time to make something.
Twinion 2 has a Mud Run to complete today and later a Cub Campfire night so he was off helping his Dad collect firewood.
I whipped these up in 5 mins with Twinion 1 helping
(Sadly, he is missing the Kids' Mud Run due to an a Blunt eye injury 3 weeks ago and he can't take any chances or risk permanent vision impairment in his good eye - to his advantage he used the excuse to get out of gathering firewood and he missed almost 3 weeks of school)
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp caster sugar (I used 2 of cinnamon sugar)
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 cup milk
- vanilla extract or vanilla bean ground (optional)
- Turn on Waffle machine
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Beat in the egg gradually, then slowly add the milk whisking to get as smooth a batter as you can. Adjust with a little more milk if too thick to ladle/pour.
- Once it’s hot, ladle in batter mixture to suit machine size, following your machine instructions until your waffles are cooked to your preference – medium to dark is best - (mine has a green light when it’s ready and hasn’t failed me yet) – carefully open because it can separate into halves.
- Top with your favourite breakfast topping combos – omit Cinnamon sugar/ground vanilla if having savoury breakfast combos.
PS: I never said I was a food blogger and I had like 30secs to take a photo.
RATING : Super easy - my 10yr and I - took 5 mins tops (with him helping lol) to mix and create first waffle.
Linking in with Ultimate Rabbit Hole