Saturday 25 March 2017

Breakfast Waffles

or break the rules and eat them when you like.

Browsing through Instagram this morning, on an empty stomach, my feed was full of yummy breakfasts. I didn't have much time to make something.

Twinion 2 has a Mud Run to complete today and later a Cub Campfire night so he was off helping his Dad collect firewood.

I whipped these up in 5 mins with Twinion 1 helping 

(Sadly, he is missing the Kids' Mud Run due to an a Blunt eye injury 3 weeks ago and he can't take any chances or risk permanent vision impairment in his good eye - to his advantage he used the excuse to get out of gathering firewood and he missed almost 3 weeks of school)






  • 150g self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp caster sugar  (I used 2 of cinnamon sugar)
  • 1 free-range egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • vanilla extract or vanilla bean ground (optional)
Method
  1. Turn on Waffle machine
  2. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
  3. Beat in the egg gradually, then slowly add the milk whisking to get as smooth a batter as you can. Adjust with a little more milk if too thick to ladle/pour.
  4. Once it’s hot, ladle in batter mixture to suit machine size, following your machine instructions until your waffles are cooked to your preference – medium to dark is best - (mine has a green light when it’s ready and hasn’t failed me yet) – carefully open because it can separate into halves.
  5. Top with your favourite breakfast topping combos – omit Cinnamon sugar/ground vanilla if having savoury breakfast combos.
I didn’t need to use any butter or oil or spray to grease – depends on your waffle machine..

PS: I never said I was a food blogger and I had like 30secs to take a photo.

RATING : Super easy - my 10yr and I - took 5 mins tops (with him helping lol) to mix and create first waffle.

Linking in with Ultimate Rabbit Hole