I don't want to give any illusion that we have a perfect marriage ...some days far from it. We have had struggles & strife in our relationship.
Words cannot describe the gratefulness, that my husband has stood by with me through good, bad , beautiful , in sunshine, in rain and through all mannner of storms.
Life having thrown us what we least expected but we survived by the grace of God. The last four years especially.
Often, I think of all we have been through together, the brilliant and not so. My son and his fiance are now standing on the same threshold as we were 27yrs ago as they prepare for their wedding in 7 months.
There is so much assvice on the dress, the flowers, the ceremony, the pictures, the cake and chosing a honeymoon destination . There's not as much on how to get back on your feet when the metephorical rug has been pulled from underneath you.
Sadly, it's too easy to run away.
Or how your marriage can struggle to survive infertility, stillbirth , unwanted advice from 'outsiders', parenting teenagers and toddlers (simultaneously) and serious illness like cancer (not once but 3-4 times) for example.
Some days you walk blindly through, hoping none of the hurdles trip and overwhelm you completely .
When paddling up
I still don't have the answers... Love with all your heart , nothing is black and white.
Laughter really is good for you too, it's more than just an enjoyable activity, it is very beneficial to the body and mind. It doesn't cost a cent and it is highly contagious.
Laughter lowers blood pressure, activates the immune system, triggers the release of endorphins (the body’s natural painkillers), reduces stress hormones, helps reduce pain, allows muscles to relax and is helpful for breathing as frequent laughter empties the air of lungs.
This gem was found at the bottom of the a page under a 'recipe'. I think it is worth sharing! Enjoy
...but he is very fond of Chocolate .
Final words of assvice.
- It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.
- A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do ... I don't mean breaking the rules LOL - I mean proving someone wrong !
- Say Thank you & please a lot ...and your children will too hopefully !
- There is no right way to do the wrong thing.
- Well done is better than well said.
- Be the first to say Hello or smile too !
- Use the good silver and dinner set ...tomorrow is not promised and why not ?
- The more you say , the less people will remember.
This week’s prompt for #imustconfess was “the best advice you’ve ever received.”
It's Jess's birthday today.