Tuesday 19 May 2015

The Life Train

One Monday, a few months ago, I went to the funeral of my friend's mum.

Cancer.

They played this short presentation and it resonated with me. I waited to share it.

I'm feeling a little weird right now, sad for dear friends with terminal diagnoses , a little boy in my FB feed having surgery today , my uncle recovering from major surgery for throat cancer (not related to smoking) and other dear friends about to undergo serious surgical prodecures.

I hate cancer.

I think about my own cancers every day. I worry too much about every odd pain or ache.
Overwhelmed by statistics and others with sad news in groups I belong too, I struggle with anxiety for them and me.

It isn't that they make me sad per se , it's feeling all feels with them and their carers.

Empathy.
Today, I'm feeling all the feels.

"I don’t know what’s in my future, but right now, just for a moment, I don’t need to think about that. I can enjoy this moment of feeling happy.”


                 

 Life is a one way journey- enjoy the ride !
Thank You for being on the train with me. I appreciate all that you add to this ride we call life.