Friday 29 November 2013

That Time, 3 hours ago, That I Ran 21.1km and I'm doing it again.



So today I ran 21.1 km.
My first half marathon distance.
Ever.
On my dreadmill treadmill no less.

I committed a month or so ago to




going PINK for a Purpose in Sussan Women’s Fun Run - running my first HALF MARATHON . Most especially to raise funds for Breast Cancer Network Australia, if you would like to sponsor me - every $  or [$21.10] counts ;) 


I laced up, signed up, googled and chatted training plans with Movers from Kate's Operation Move and I never turned back.

Well , that is a bit of a lie because I did one day and promptly went head first into the dust and gravel on one of the farm tracks. My forearm was the worse injury and no-one saw me except my dog, Dashi. I was turning backwards to see if she was following me.

lucky I was not wearing my new shoes Adidas Boost


It took 3 wks to heal - never mind the scar

Thankfully, I did not damage my pretty Garmin.
I've had a lot of doubts whether or not I could do it . Going to Melbourne solo is a big part of it. My hubby was going to come but we don't have anyone to care for our boys. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some lovely ladies from Operation Move.

Pizza
In the park.

Adventure.

Today, I ran through horrendous blisters over my toes , in my pretty pink shoes and I did it.
No doubt now.
No stopping me.
Running, for me, is as much a mental game as it is a physical one.
I am not fast.
I run awkwardly.

"I have not yet reached my goal and I am not perfect. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize. My friends, I don't feel that I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead." Philippians 3:12-13

I've done a lot of reading about running distances  - carb loading, gels, pre-run drinks (ahem not the alcoholic kind), nutrition, cadence, pace setting, hill training. It still overwhelms me.

I'll just run and not stop till I cross the line. Walking or not.
I will stuff my head with positive thoughts and carb load.

Pizza. I said that already.

Come Race day  I will be nervous.
I may be excited.


I'll be chanting -  check your pace, it's your race - don't worry about those passing you !
Then hopefully under 2:30 mins later - I'll celebrate the  r'awesomeness of crossing that line.

No matter the time.
No matter the effort.
I want my sons to see me active and know that if you put your mind to something it's possible to do it, but it doesn't come easy.

There is no telling how many 'miles' you will have to run while chasing a dream...well this one is 21.1km I know that.
 
If I see you come get a hug and a high five everyone .

PS: I think it was 147mins.

 I'm going PINK for a Purpose in Sussan Women’s Fun Run - I'm running my first HALF MARATHON   , raising funds for Breast Cancer Network Australia, if you would like to sponsor me - every $  or [$21.10] counts ;) - sponsor me here