Friday 16 March 2012

Keep Calm ...

and curse when you lose the post you were working on.Not really.



Today I very surprised to learn the origins of this simple yet inspiring propaganda 'poster' that is now a world wide phenomenon. Thanks to Barter Books the image was re discovered in 2001.




Keep Calm poster ` one of the first truly iconic images of the 21st century.

There have been so many clever and witty pardodies , some very inspiring ones too. The spinoffs and merchandise a retailers bonanza.
Since Crown Copyright expires on artistic works created by the UK government after 50 years, the image is now in the public domain ~Wikipedia.

Though some have tried to copyright it .

 

I know I feel very connected to this simple and timeless phrase or rather the parodies. On many occasions it speaks volumes in 5-6 words. I don't know why though.

I know I am going to download the app - and the Keep Calm poster generator

Linking up with