Tuesday 6 July 2010

Mud sticks

It's our first time playing ...

We have spent a lot of time at the farm the past few months.
The boys don't have a lot of toys or play equipment there but they do have plenty of red dirt, energy and imagination.

It rained.
So I learnt ... !
Don't pray for rain if you are going to complain about the mud~ Proverb
The boys love dirt & mud. They love messy sensory play.

"The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful."Author: E.E. Cummings

It had rained overnight, they added to the puddles with barrowfils of water .

Joel dragged a large box from behind the shed and got the small plastic chairs ...entirely his own idea. ...yes it's a boat !!



Later the same day they made 'chocolate dirt mudpies for mummy' = Sam


Plastic garden shovels ;) & childsize wheelbarrows

(Of course tractor play)





(holding the shovel for Grandpa)

My Father in law loves it that I let them play in dirt & mud ...except he has yet to volunteer to do the washing. I am not kidding the water was exactly the colour of the mud.

This was our creek crossing the same day ...really shallow actually where I crossed.
Thankfully it is a long walk to the creek for 4 yr olds and it isn't always flowing.

PS We do own gum boots but they were wet inside LOL !

Never miss a post

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

great pics..........gotta love that mud!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. I would love to hop in and join them :)

I would even wash my own clothes after :grin:

Catherine said...

Looks like fun! I love the boat.

Anonymous said...

Oh, they really do look like they are having a wonderful time! And even outside a box makes a great play thing! :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Looks like the boys had a ton of fun playing.

Philippa said...

Great photos! mud is so much fun :)

Becky said...

Mud play is so much fun :) Love your photos

Bec said...

What an awesome boat!!!
Well done boys!

I think that everyone should "let" kids play in the mud, its all part of being little.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@ PP There's not so much mud this weekend but still plenty of dirt LOL. They are dirt magnets.

@Leechbabe ...I was very tempted too ;)

@Catway - I have to source another they had a ball and it kept them quite for ages.

@Homeage - we love boxes and they did have a wonderful time

@Secret Mom - they had a ball.

@ Philippa, Neevah and Liam - more than anything store bought except new bikes ;).

@Becky - it's super for any kids big or small.

@Bec - it was all their own idea too.

Jayne said...

What a fab day, although I know red mud can be stubborn to wash lol.

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

What fun, and so busy and productive. I kind of wish we had red mud too (not that I envy the washing!)

Thanks for linking up to We Play :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.