Monday 9 November 2009

Making a list ...

The Planning Queen just reminded me of a few Christmas gift ideas for children. That time of year is fast approaching.
I know I want to buy some Christmas Smiles (from World vision) top of my list but my little boys are going to need a few stocking stuffers.

Nicole has some great ideas.

A while back I joined a new forum and as a prize for submitting interviews with my boys I got to choose 2 gifts under $20 from Rudy & the Dodo range.
I must add I am not being paid to write this and apart from receiving my prize I haven't had anything to do with them . I love their website ...it starts with the greeting

Hello Gorgeous ! ...

well, you have found our site so you are clearly looking for something a little
out of the ordinary for the little individual in your life. welcome!




The best bit is Rudy & the Dodo have over 200 items under $20 , a lot of it is wooden, quirky & individual wooden products , cute as a button handcrafted and from across the globe.It's also arranged by ages to help out clueless relatives with age suitability. I am going to suggest my family members go shopping there...with a few hints.
Like ...
  • $6.95 for 160 funky stickers
  • wooden pirate fishing game $21.95 or
  • wooden pirate skittles $14.95
So what ideas are you tossing around for your children ? I need some more ideas .

P.S. They have gifts for mum's too ;).
PPS It's so much fun to shop without little ones in tow and battling the crowds.
PPPS I want to stay away from plastic & licenced items which seem to be invading our house piece by piece (mostly as hand me preloved toys/clothes for which I am grateful but i just don't want to add the collection)



Never miss a post

6 comments :

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Waaaaaaah! I am so not ready for Christmas but I love the look of that funky little bag. Might check them out. Thanks.

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

Thanks so much for that link, Trish. I love finding new toys online. Good luck with the shopping.

Jayne said...

Mine are all growed up but the almost 13 yr old Feral Beast lurves Charles Darwin so anything on or about him is a cinch lol.

Mary said...

Thank you for the link! I love under $20 shopping :)

Smilie girl said...

Thanks for the link. I will enjoy checking them out.
I like your link to more info about you. I'm very pleased to met you!
Good luck with the lighting competition!

PlanningQueen said...

The World Vision gift is such a great idea. Need to add that to my list.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.