Friday 2 November 2007

Don't do it ... DUI

Today, I went out to lunch with some friends who also have 1 yr old toddlers.It was 30 min trip , en route I was listening to the car radio. The commentator was observing the increase in the Police Highway Patrol presence .
NSW got a new Police Commissioner in last few weeks.They are attributing this increase to him and his new ideas.
I had not noticed because I don't get out in the car much. We had lunch (mine was pathetic but I digress) and then we walked to




for



and

.We said our goodbyes. They were going off shopping.
I went to visit a long time school friend and her daughter who adore S & J . They lived 5 mins away. I was in the car barely a minute or two, I turned right at a roundabout , on the left I passed a Police car waiting to enter the roundabout . I was using my indicators correctly and I exited the roundabout with my left blinker .


Then as I glanced in my rear vision to the red and blue lights flashing ... ME to stop and pullover.

I wondered what on earth I had done or not done. The officer stepped from his vehicle and I lowered my window ... "ms ..miss this is a random breath test have you had any alcohol in last 15 mins ?"
"No ! " I only had to count ~ 1 2 3 4 5 ..... I was till a bit puzzled at the way he had pulled me over. I wasn't speeding, nor driving erratically. It wasn't even one of the roadside ones with the man in blue and his yellow safety vest flagging you down to the barricaded off RBT.

I did not have to worry. I didn't have any alcohol with my lunch... but had considered it. That was it and off I went. I realised later that the place where we had lunch was a major entertainment/poker machine and alcohol haven.

So watch out ... please don't drink and drive.This is a serious concern. I know they were doing their job and I hope they catch the real Drink drivers and drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs.



I think it will be a good thing if people know they have a real chance of being caught.Maybe they will think twice.

"One more for road" is just not acceptable - would you take the keys away from someone you know is possibly over the limit.
Do you know what is a standard drink and signs of alcohol abuse ?

3 comments :

M the Mommy said...

I didn't know they had Krispy Kreme in Australia. We don't even have one where I live in the US! Krispy Kreme is YUMMY! How scary to be pulled over like that. I tell my husband all the time, I don't know why I get nervous when I see a police car -- I am a law abiding citizen -- all the same my blood pressure spikes and I am just sure I am going to get in trouble -- for what I have no idea!

Jennifer said...

OMG! I wonder if that's the best use of police time?

Glad you weren't under the influence!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I don't mind the RBT but the way they did it was scary ... just pulling one lone car over too. I guess the message is meant to be they are serious about targeting drink driving

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.