Last Saturday night we had a family movie night. It is a great way to snuggle and connect with your kids, if they can keep still and not hog the blanket or the recliner chair.
With a sprinkle of pixie dust, the Darling children are flying toward the second star on the right , straight on till morning and Never Never Land.
Home to Peter, Tink, the Lost Boys, Tiger Lily , and the evil Captain Hook and his pirates - this enchanted island is a magical place.
Once again, trouble is brewing in Never Land.
Captain Hook is a typical Disney, goofy and bumbling villain, intent on defeating Peter Pan as much as he is from escaping the tick-¬‐tocking crocodile that once ate his hand.
Peter Pan, a boy with a broken shadow, is filled with adventure and spunk. Wendy John, and Michael all dream of adventure, and want to find some magic in life, as childhood slips away because they are all growing up.
Tinkerbell is the lovable cheeky pixie/fairy. Tink is independent, sassy, smart, and some say she was the first empowered girl that Disney created. Though she gets jealous and is a bit naughty , Tinker Bell’s special feature story is truly magical. I loved the old silent film version with real children on DVD. [The Blu has different special features.]
What I enjoyed the most was watching older versions of this classic movie, like going back in time and I didn’t know it began as a stage play.
Overall, I think this is a wonderful, magical film. It is a classic that you’ll love introducing to your children and always carry it in your heart! My boys have watched it a few times now.
Peter Pan is available in high definition picture and sound for the first time on Blu-‐ray from 5 June
Win your own copy here - I have three copies of the Blu-Ray rrp $49.95 to give away to my readers.
Tell who your favourite Disney character is and why ?
2. Entries not answering the question will be deemed invalid. The winner will be chosen by originality and creative merit, not by chance. Judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3.There are 3 prizes as above. 4. Entries - Open 18/6/2013 - Close 11.59pm 30/6/2013 AEST. The winners will be notified by email, and posted to mylittledrummerboys.blogspot.com.au after they reply - Winners have 7 days to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
5. Prizes are not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
6. Prizes sent out by PR firm directly will not be replaced in the event that they are stolen, lost or damaged in transit.
7. Subscribe to my blog to receive MLDB updates.
8. Follow via Facebook or Bloglovin on the sidebar .
Disclaimer: was invited to the preview screening but I couldn’t attend, I was happy to review the movie because I love it. box or no box No financial payment was received.
• Follow on Twitter @DisneyStudiosAU
• View videos at www.YouTube.com/WaltDisneyStudiosAU