Tuesday 19 February 2013

Shattered and the Whine Free Zone


I've been on edge and anxious all week as my husband had his yearly PET scan yesterday.
To check ... 

I had no-one to tell how worried I was.

Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.” ~Regina Brett
 In my Facebook feed (no offense) there is so much whining lately.

 “Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.”  ~ Regina Brett


I wanted to fast forward to today and then NOT.
 His appointment with his oncologist today and it was thankfully all OK.



Yesterday was such a bad day emotionally and physically that I am not willing to repeat it. I was alone, with my boys, as my husband was in Sydney having his scan and I couldn't be with him.

Sunday night was worse. I was so over their whining {and others but I couldn't switch off Facebook}.

I have so many friends going through the worse times.
Worse.





I knew the remedy to whining and fighting is to give in and say yes. It was easier at the time, after I'd screamed a few dozen times and felt like world's worst mother.

I want to them [and everyone] to count their blessings and not their problems.

“If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.” ~Regina Brett
 
I'm trying not to judge but telling me you got a speeding fine ...you are tired ... you don't like your inlaws ... !

Here is my rule for today {hopefully for a longer term}.

When 'you' whine, you have to think of a blessing : be thankful.

For example...They whined all the way walking from the bus stop at the gate to front door ... I said shall I show you a picture of a boy with no legs ? I didn't ...yet !

I am thankful I can walk, thankful they can walk and we have a home to walk home to.

That wasn't so bad...for me.

We will see how this goes. 
 
I shattered my iPad screen today and I can't whine about it because it was my fault.

If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it.  ~Anthony J. D'Angelo, 
PS:You think you have problems ...read this story about Emma.

What is your thankful blessing for today ?