Tuesday 15 February 2011

Elevator Pitch

I still don't know why I am doing this or why I blog.

I've decided to tag along with the Louisa & Aussie Mum bloggers on Darren Rowse's - 31 days to build a better blog challenge. Read the details here.

Day # 1 Mission / Challenge - The Elevator Pitch -the first task is to sell yourself in as few unique words as possible.


I blog about : my family, faith, everyday life parenting preschooler twins and a teenager, what inspires me, encouragement, health, loss, grief, friendship, chaos, reflections on ups & downs of life plus helpful hints with a splash of humour.


I like to share a different viewpoint…mostly my glass is half full whether it is 5'0 clock or not. Otherwise , I love to put the kettle on and have a chat over a cuppa - if you don't mind the noise. I write from the heart though I don't call myself a writer...I always have a lot to say.  


My Tagline - Loving and living life with passion and a purpose, one - no two beats at a time. Hold the bass ! I also know sour grapes makes lousy whine ....!



What do you think ? ...I am reserving the right to edit as required.


PS*I don't even know if I'll get to finish 31 days ; not because I don't want to but we've been planning a short holiday for a year or more months.It's been delayed time after time.My husband would be less than impressed if I spent our holiday on the computer.

So we have plans for a short holiday as soon as my husband finishes up a few things at our business premises maybe in the next two weeks. We have been winding down most of our business activities the last 10 months.

Seventeen years in our own business. Mostly we have just snatched a few days away here and there, in between working together fulltime (except since the twins arrived 4.5yrs ago). My DH decided it wasn't worth it anymore especially with since his cancer diagnosis. Life is too short not to have more fun. It made us reassess life and how we live it.

We are still going to take a break for a few months after we sell our house but a one week holiday is first up asap.

There have been many hurdles to jump to get this far, the light at the end of the tunnel is still a long way away but we are closer than we ever have been.We also had to wait till DH's appointment last week.
  Never miss a post

10 comments :

Mummahh said...

loving it! i have noticed a few bloggers doing this and now i know why.
;) ggod luck with it.

Anonymous said...

I think your pitch looks good hon.

And don't worry about taking a break - Darren himself says to spread it out longer if you need to :)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@Ali - thanks ...there is still time to join in, today is day 1.

@Beet - thanks I feel so overwhelmed doing it ; worried I suck ! I have never really thought about why and who to target my to.

That is good to know about spreading it out, I'll keep following all the way as much as I can even if I can't blog it.

Becky said...

I am feeling quite overwhelmed with all this, too. Especially considering I have just realised today that I will be 17 days in when we move - what was I thinking!?
But, I figure I can pick up where I left off if worse comes to worse.

I love the bit about two beats at a time - very clever.

Liz. said...

Hey Trish,

I think that sums up your blog nicely. Definitely do not spend your holidays on this - just get back into it when you return!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great to be following along with you through AMB 31DBBB! Do you have an archives section on your blog? Would love to read some more! :)

Naturally Carol said...

Just speak from your heart and we'll all listen!
By the way...what's the plan..if any...after the holiday and break..after the business is sold?

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@Becky - thanks trying to tie in the beat of the drums (or drummers LOL)
Moving is a big thing, take it easy on yourself

@Liz - I promise =).Thanks

@Hoover tribe - the archive is on the right side ...

@Carol - there is no plan really we ar winging it as we go but eventually we are moving 4 hrs away to a farm near Dubbo NSW. Hopefully by Jan 2012 when the small boys start school.

Anonymous said...

loved it...the beating drums, the glass half full at 5, all of it.

Anonymous said...

I like your pitch, I will join you for a cuppa any time.
Enjoy your well deserved break.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.