Sunday 22 November 2009

Weekly Winners 45 2009

Nov 15th - 21st
It is the get me to Ball formal edition this week. It was our Teen's Y10 formal this week. His highschool has about 228 y10 students and it was huge.
Many met before hand, in the local park, for photos and to show off their cars.There was another public highschool , whose formal was the same night, there too. OMG I have never seen so many vintage & classic cars and people in the park.





I am always telling him to pull up his dacks.
It was so hot 39 ° he wouldn't couldn't wear the black jacket even for a photo at home. I had rivers of sweat running down my back within minutes.
Parents were invited to attend the formal dinner dance , not the littles...we dropped them off on our way.

They came by ...

yes, it is was a hearse complete with a rear passenger

Chev Impala ( I love cars with chrome badges)

yes ...MR Toyota there is a drought but seriously ?




(I cropped the perv on the left)

I couldn't capture the sea of people ...most had started to leave.


I &hearts: the shiny blue Kenworth

Holden ute

56 Holden ...it's pink

Mustang (because I looked)

Antique Firetruck ,my favourite ...

Don't ask me what all the cars are ... this one it's just a shiny red car to me lol

It was hot all week but we still made these Christmas shortbread as a practice run ...how many are left ?



Never miss a post

15 comments :

Tara R. said...

I love the pink Holden. I'll have to show my son these pix, he's car crazy. Great collection of car shots.

I don't think either of my kids would have liked it if their dad and I attended their formals. We would have had fun, but they would have been mortified.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great set. I love the father and son shot.

Sam said...

you have some absolutely fabulous photos there - I particularly love the father and son photo - but they're all great!!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great photos! I love the pink car

Jeanette said...

Can't believe the effort everyone goes to with the cars! Wow!!
Great to finally see your face ;)

jeanie said...

Gorgeous shots of all!!! I hope you had a wonderful evening.

Stacie said...

Beautiful photos as always. How did I miss that the twins are 3??!!! Where did the time go?

Lightening said...

Great shots Trish! LOVE the father and son and the one with the twins. :) As for the cars, my goodness!!! WE were SO boring when it came to our formal.

Cortney @ evanhaslanded.com said...

I love the "peace" belt, and the saggy drawer- typical teenager :-) but the father and son pic is my favorite. The cars are pretty cool too but since I couldn't tell you the names of most of them either I will just group them together!

Rammi said...

*drools* I wish I had one of those cars.

Mary said...

I love the father & son photo. And you look great in the first one! The cars are amazing...I can see I have a lot to learn before next year LOL!

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

wow! I wish I took photos of us with Moo at her graduation dinner on Thursday.

Kicking myself with my Robo Boot.

Teen looks very dapper.

MissyBoo said...

Wow! You all look fabulous :)

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron said...

Great family photos! Love the orange (?) tie, that's personality.

ICLW

Jules said...

Some great pics there Trish.

That family shot is special. xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.