- 150g butter (melted)
- 1 cup Nestle Baking cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar (I used caster sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pkt (250g) of white choc bits (I only used 100g each of white and 100g milk ...skimping on chocolate in no way affected taste)
- Preheat oven to 160 °C (see hint below to write the degree symbol in html ...too easy).Line an 18cm x 28cm lamington tin with baking paper (I lined it right up the sides ,makes it easy to lift out and nothing sticks).
- Melt butter and stir in NESTLE Baking cocoa. Cool slightly (though the white choc bits will disguise the eggy bits if you forget)
- Beat in eggs. STIR in sugar & vanilla (DO NOT TRY TO BEAT it makes a big mess trust me on this )
- Sift flour and baking powder together, add to cocoa mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir through 250gms choc bits ( white, white / milk or dark whatever )
- Spoon mixture into tin , evenly it is quite thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 mins or until just firm when pressed in the centre.It will be moist and slightly chewy. Cook a little longer (5 mins) if you prefer a more cake like brownie or crunchier sides (watch carefully so they not burnt).
- Cool in the tin for 20 minutes (if you can wait that long) before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve cut into squares (or chunks of your choice) dusted with icing sugar /baking cocoa if so desired.
- Warning it is too good to share but ...of course you will or else !
- Serve alone or warm with icecream/cream and top with flaked chocolate.
Next time I want to try adding walnuts ... and then Pecans and/or caramel or I’ll just use the above recipe.
For the diet conscious try this one Chocolate brownies ...warning I haven't tested this yet.
How do you type Celsius ° character symbol in html - & deg ; no spaces
or find it on the character map in your computer start/accessories/system tools/character map ...copy and paste.
My Sister in law just got back from 6 weeks in USA and she said they have a super brownie pan she wished she had of bought ...I want one too now.
I hope I can convince my mum to bring two home for us when she comes home from her Canada/US trip.
Sorry no cut brownie pictures because we ate them so fast ! It says serves 20 ...they are kidding me !
Never miss a post