Thursday 12 November 2009

Come to Australia !

How Aussie are you ?
(compiled by Dee from Downunder)

1. Been dive bombed by a magpie on many occasions as a teenager !
2. Have seen a crocodile
in real life in Northern territory on a tour and in the Australian Zoo (Steve Irwin's)
3. Have seen a snake in the wild -
yes, black snakes, red bellies, and a few dead ones.
4. Been bitten by a snake or other aussie wildlife
NO ...
5. Patted a koala at zoos /Koala Hospital/Featherdale

6. Seen a kangaroo in the wild - many times, dead and alive ...hundreds last weekend at the Farm.
7. Climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge -
No, and not likely too.
8. Climbed the Story Bridge in Brisbane
No desire to take the risk.
9. Visited the Sydney Opera House
- yes even been to see Opera there when at school
10. Swum at the beach yep, but I don't go out far,
big drowning phobia because I thought I was drowning once in the surf !
11. Had fish and chips on the beach many times - yes I love 'sand'wiches too
12. Been stung by a jellyfish
no, but yes to Blue Bottles.
13. Had sunburn that peeled
many times when younger, never again, I slip slop slap
14. Camped under the stars
yes during Family/church camps - in tents or a camper trailer
15. Visited Uluru - yes even climbed it in 1992

16. Driven the Great Ocean Road in Victoria not yet but it is on my list
17. Seen the penguins on Phillip Island Victoria no see above (saw them at Featherdale ;).
18. Had an outdoor BBQ with Friends regularly event
19. Played backyard/beach Cricket
played backyard cricket all the time with my siblings/neighbours as kids and even now we do ocassionally
20. Watched a real cricket match live
only when my teenager played for 3 (yrs spring/summer seasons ... exciting ;)
21. Betted on the Melbourne Cup only in a sweep
22. Attended the Melbourne Cup Live from Flemington no have no desire t.o
23. Attended a live Aussie Rules or rugby football game
can't remember ?
24. Ridden a Melbourne Tram
yes, when we visited friends in Melbourne . DS chucked up in the aisle...he was about 2 1/2 and told us ( and the peak hour packed tram ...) Mummy I am going to 'bomit' loudly - and he did ! Imagine the stiffled giggles & ewwws
25. Snow Skied in the “high country” of NSW/Vic
well I tried at My Selwyn ;)
26. Visited the Great Barrier Reef
no, does the Whitsundays Islands count ?
27. Been to Kakadu
- yes in 1992 , it was amazing.
28. Crossed the Nullabour by road - it is on my list of things to do in 2010

29. Gone down the Murray River on a paddle steamer we went on some paddle steamer ... not sure where but down that way!
30. Survived a cyclone No but my father's cousin did survive Cyclone Tracey - barely.
31. Survived a bushfire
No, had ash flaking over the house but luckily have not experienced a real bushfire
32. Experienced a big flood
No, though we live in area that has and our street gets cut off at a low point about 200m - when the creek floods.
33. Know who the Wiggles are. Of course! my eldest now 16yrs grew up on them and the twins love them now too ... Sam sings Wiggles songs all day and they are favourite licenced clothing.
34. Know who Humphrey the Bear is. "What a funny old fellow" - yes I grew up with him kind of and my 16yr loved him too as a toddler.
35. Watched Play School as a kid or mum of a kid "
there's a bear in there"... Yes , see 34 - the twins aren't really that into play school yet we just aren't home.
36. Watched Skippy the Bush Kangaroo "
whats that skip???" I loved Sonny & Skippy and the dashing pilot .
37. Own an Australia Flag
- a plastic one, the last material one was a free one from Sydney Telegraph and the vacuum cleaner ate it
38. Know the words to Advance Australia Fair
yes, - but don't ask me to sing
39. Eat Vegemite - on toast absolutely yum yum and my kids live on vegiemite sandwiches
40. Drink Milo double yum yum - love it in milkshakes too and on icecream ...teen eats it by itself.
41. Know what lamingtons are mmm mmm (coconut/choc covered sponge cake)
42. Know what Pavlova is mmm mmm with fruit & cream
43. Know what Tim Tams are yes - my favourite choky bic
44.Eaten a meat pie
love any meat pie and sauce
45. Gave or received a “dead arm” my yes , my bro & sis and uncles were good at it
46. Have owned an Akubra hat yes my hubby has - he surprised me by wearing one on our wedding day , the grooms too.
47. Own/owned an Australia Cattle dog - yes, though he is a heinz version not pure bred - he is 13 years old
48. Been to a B& S ball - or know what one is - never been, but heard about them!

49. Drive a ute I have driven one, yes , Hubby has owned a few (5-6 )and still does - I can't drive a manual (well last time I drove it down the bank/gully)
50. Say G'day ocassionally ...

51. Can cook damper -yes! but prefer others cook it and smoothered in golden syrup.. mmmm
52. Can make billy tea -
did this more than once camping and 4WD riving,!
53. Supported a sausage sizzle -
couldn't count how many times - hundreds of soccer games/scout/cricket matches/twin club ...I love sausage sizzles but not the calories
54. Own John Williamson CD/Music -yes, we (DH) has almost a whole collection of him albums
55. Owned backyard chooks or know what chooks are - haven't myself but the neighbours do and I feed them scraps over the fence and I feed them every day and we got the eggs when neighbours went away.
56. Call the toilet "the dunny" - yes - many times LOL
57 . Wear thongs (on your feet...) - yes ...hot pink
58. Support Aussie music - Yes , Hubby is a great Country fanso we do buy aussie music
59. Enjoy a beer - yes, a sip of Dh's regular beer, not really into a schooner or stubby full.
60.Swallowed a fly - have done this more than once - ewww !

How Aussie are you ?

Ps ...if My Dad had survived his battle with Leukemia my parents would have celebrated 44th anniversary.Dad would have loved both the quiz and the video.


Never miss a post

6 comments :

Jayne said...

Oh, yep I've done a fair few of those things but I can see quite a few more I need to tick off my to-do list lol.
Love the video LOL.

Mum-me said...

I did this on my blog! I am as Australian as a non-cricket fan can be, I suppose. Although there are many beautiful places I've haven't got to yet.

Ruby said...

A great Aussie post!
It is nice to meet you, Trish and thankyou for visiting and commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading here from time to time.
Ruby

Lightening said...

Awesome - I am so gonna pinch this. There's several there that I have only JUST achieved on our big trip. :)

Cathy said...

i mut admit that whilst i can't say i'm 100% aussie when it comes to the sites and animals, I definitely am in regards to the food lol!

Anonymous said...

Great post, now I need to do it too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.