- I received an unexpected gift from a family we helped .It warmed my heart they thought of me.The chocolates will be lovely ...except I will be restricting myself on my bloggest challenge.
- I had lunch with two of my oldest and dearest 'school friends' .We discussed over lunch the fact we had almost been friends for 30 yrs OMG I am that old. We don't get to see each other as much now I have the twins and we don't talk . It was very special. I also got some lovely flowers and a plant.
- S & J also got a present from my friend it was a action nursery rhyme book and CD - they laughed at mummy doing crazy actions .I laughed so much too.
- I was being cheeky one day and squirted my little monsters with milk ... they squealed with laughter so much and learnt a new trick ...oops .A big boo boob.
- Lastly , two more precious little babes Kai & Hamish were born safely to some of my friends from a pregnancy loss support group and that is the best reason to smile ever.
Tonight I went to a small fundraiser event night for another friend,G (40). I have known her over 20 years. She has been to Bolivia twice as missionary , a lovely single woman with a heart of gold and heart for God, the Gospel and the women and children of Bolivia. She is returning again in a few months to live there indefinitely.
Hearing the tragic stories of poverty but also the joy she brings children was heart grabbing. I cannot complain about my soft life...imagine being so poor you give you children to the orphanage because you are so poverty stricken you cannot feed /clothe or educate them.
Imagine leaving your children with burns in hospital for months and not being able to visit them because they are too far away and you are so poor. Though one little girl after her treatment was left at the orphanage so she could get clothes, toys and a better life.
I admit I was very teary. Shoes were given to small boy and then his mother had to sell them the next week so they could buy food. Young children left to roam the streets or attend mission cafes /centres because their parents had to work or for other reasons. Yet - the sweet looks on the childrens' grimy faces and beaming smiles made you want to gather them up and bring them to a safer place.
I came away with the knowledge we are blessed beyond measure and we have so little knowledge of the real dirt poor.
Never miss a post