Monday 28 April 2008

What is RSS ?

RSS Awareness Day


May 1st is RSS awareness day ?

Thanks Sue @Blogging Sueblimely for bringing this to my attention.
Daniel of Blogging Tips has initiated RSS Awareness Day to take place 1st May. The objective - to get as many people as possible talking about RSS and its benefits
You can join in and get involved here!

So do you know what RSS is and how it works ?

RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a format used to deliver information from websites and pages that get updated regularly

Tonight I was staggered to read only 4-5% of internet users use RSS. Do you ?

I use Goggle reader. There are many choices.

It is so much quicker then visiting all my favourites and seeing if they have new posts.It saves me time and I still visit most blogs personally or I can skim through relevant posts and then go directly to them.

I also love seeing how much subscribers I have. Have you subscribed Me ? See the little orange button on the top left.

It only takes two clicks and then you will never miss a post.

This video explains how it all works -much better than I can.




If you are reading this in your RSS feed please de-lurk and say hi ...and tell others about your RSS experience. Then spread the word on your blog ...

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love my RSS feeds (and yours is one of them which I read regularly!!) I have only been using RSS for a couple of months and have converted in a big way. I show everyone and tell them that they should be using it. I haven't actually managed to convert anyone yet though!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

PQ - same here I only started using RSS in last few months too.Yours is one of my favourites too.

ruddygood said...

Yes, ma'am...de-lurking as instructed, to say that my RSS feed (Google Reader) is both a delight and a pain. I read all my favourite bloggers (like YOU) in my reader...it's sooooo much easier, and convenient while I'm still on dial-up as it tends to load quicker than many sites. BUT it can be scary to open after 2 or 3 days away from 'puter to find 150+ posts to read!
I was really surprised to see that only 4-5% of people subscribe to feeds - I thought that figure would be much higher.
(Ps. Your new little kitty-baby is sooo cute. I thought you might after commenting on my baby. Mahlia says "Hi" to your puss.)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

thanks Mountainmama - I love Mahlia's name - Matilda says Hi back ;)


I know what you mean my RSS feed has been hovering in the hundreds for weeks - as soon as I catch up - boom off it goes again.

Anonymous said...

My feeds are a delight and a bane. I can NEVER catch up and then I find another great blog... argh!

I have had to start a routine in my blog reading, commentors blogs first and then close my eyes and click on a blog to read in my feeder! :)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I do that too Kelley - like sticking a pin in...sometimes I start from top , then the bottom then I go eeeny meeny - of course I always read yours first.

Melanie said...

I use Bloglines...makes things a heck of a lot easier..I tell ya!!

Unknown said...

De-lurking here too!
I woldn't be able to keep up if I didn't use RSS feeds. I love my Google Reader!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

thanks Melanie & Jenty for stopping by ...
I haven't tried bloglines I onyl knwo GR

I find it so much quicker and so I don't forget anyone too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.