Imagine the excitement when Shell, Lego and Ferrari got together to release a limited edition set of 6 replica Formula One cars.
Lego built the world’s first life-size replica Ferrari F1 with over 200,000 regular bricks and 810 man hours later. Then F1 Ferrari drivers, Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa, flew to Melbourne to unveil it.
“This campaign represents the joint passion for performance that Shell shares with Ferrari, whilst incorporating the fun and imaginative nature of LEGO.” Jane Morwick, Shell Retail Business Manager
I was amazed to read that Shell and LEGO worked on the development of the mini-motor for over 18 months. The dedication to technological innovation and improved performance that is at the heart of Shell V-Power fuel and Shell’s partnership with Ferrari
Purchase these highly collectable little vehicles from any Coles Shell Petrol Station, when you fill up with $40 or more of Shell V- Power - you can buy a LEGO model for $6 in one transaction or $8 without fuel.
Each week you can drive away with a different car but be quick because they are only available until the 8th May.
My boys thought they were awesome. As LEGO's smallest ever pull back and go micro-propulsion engine they certainly GO- fast.
We made an impromptu racetrack using our old trampoline and let them race. They propelled further than 2m so we needed barriers.
Race into Shell for your own set of replica Lego formula one car….or leave a comment below and you can win a whole set of six exclusive Ferrari model LEGO cars based on some of the most iconic vehicles in Ferrari’s motoring history:
· the Ferrari 150° Italia
· the Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto
· the Ferrari F40
· the Ferrari FXX
· the Ferrari 458 Italia
· a Scuderia Ferrari Truck.
The micro motors are capable of performing over 300 pulls, propelling the cars up to two metres.
- Shell invests approximately 21,000 hours a year of research and development in its technical partnership with Ferrari.
- A Formula One car can go from 0 to 100 mph in 1.5 seconds.
- Over a race weekend, a driver will change gear about 8,000 times
- A Formula One driver loses about 3 kg of weight during a race as a result of high G-forces and temperatures. ...I've always wanted to be a Formula One driver - except I'm neither fast or can drive a manual reliably!
- Motorsport fans can learn more about Shell’s Technical Partnership with the Ferrari team by visiting www.shell.com/motorsport.
To enter, leave a comment below this post letting me know
What you would like to see constructed as a 'life size' replica in Lego ?
1. Only Australian Residents are eligible to enter.
2. Entries not answering the question will be deemed invalid. The winner will be chosen by originality and creative merit, not by chance. Judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3.There is one prize : 1 x 6 Shell Lego/Ferrari - one complete set of the limited edition Ferrari model LEGO cars.
4. Entries - Open 5/4/2013 - Close 11.59pm 20/4/2013 AEST. The winner will be notified by email, and posted to mylittledrummerboys.blogspot.com.au - the winners have 7 days to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
5. Prizes are not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
6. Prizes sent out by PR firm directly will not be replaced in the event that they are stolen, lost or damaged in transit.
7. Subscribe to my blog to receive MLDB updates.
8. Follow via Facebook or Bloglovin on the sidebar >>>>