Tuesday 17 May 2011

We love to play ...

One of the things I love about Lego play besides being fun , it encourages creativity and imagination, along with many other developmental benefits.

Here are more Lego Space Astronaut day pics.I only just retrieved these pics from the small point & shoot due to a faulty cord.

Each of my four year old boys decided to 'create' something different, as did the 20 or so other children involved in this fun activity. 

The challenge was to build something space shuttle related. 

Sam loves to built towers - as high as possible.


Joel loves machines or things that go and they must have wheels.

I like Lego's freedom and multi-play advantage so that each of my boys can use their imagination to construct something that makes them happy.

There is unlimited potential...as long there are enough wheels to go round.

It can also be structured play .Following image instructions or directions in the defined construction sets is still a bit tricky without mum, dad or teen's help.

S & J are only just moving into Lego , Duplo is still very much a favourite for quick constructions. Lego involves a bit more concentrated play.

What else is being played today ... Childhood 101
 
  Never miss a post

2 comments :

River said...

Lego is great for encouraging imaginations. I remember my youngest brother's collection. It was HUGE!!Mum would spread a big old bedsheet on the floor and M would play for hours. At bedtime, mum would just gather up the drawstring she'd sewn around the edge of the sheet and hang the whole shebang back behind M's door. So when the grandchildren came along, naturally they're first few Christmases were Lego based.

Sam-O said...

My brother used to save his money like mad to buy Lego. He spent most of a European trip when he was 10, searching out and buying Lego he couldn't get here.

At 35 he still has it. It is a favourite with all the children who visit. His wife still buys him Lego for Birthdays!

My boys adore it too. It's a brilliant toy!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.