Thursday 4 November 2010

Dona Nobis Pacem 2010 ~ Grant us Peace

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjlhc6vopis7ma2WZ2Ayupa5Y1uxUKvZTPWVJ2FVDcWOgJ2ATKODYxqZSdVbh-kHo91chkZZNqQgJAv2OiVwhUFe-a_lXHuo0SPjGj8s8m5lPXNl_h4AItZjlahE5S6IXsHx1hK/s1600/NOV2010Peaceblast.jpg
Today is the Day we blog for World Peace -join us as the Blog Blast for peace dawns across the blogosphere ...well the 4th is almost over in Oz.
"Peace begins with a smile." ~Mother Teresa
Peace for me must also begin at home.
He is happiest, be he king or peasant who finds peace in his home.~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  1. I will be a patient wife and mother. I will be wonderful.(Kate Pickle has made a wonderful poster)
  2. I will not get engaged in conflict needlessly ...though my teen pushes all my buttons & makes me blow my top. ...I will just start whistling
  3. I will ignore my husband's lack of reaction to #2. la la la
  4. I will keep the peace at all costs.
  5. I will be more thoughtful about the needs of those around me.
    You must be mindful of every interaction with another human being. Approach each person mindfully, with your full attention, smiling, seeking to understand them, trying to interact with gentleness, warmth, compassion.

    When someone comes to talk to you, when your kid tugs on your pant leg for attention, when your spouse or best friend starts speaking, turn to them without distraction, putting everything else away, and give your full attention. Listen... ~ZEN Habits

Some famous Peace Quotes

There never was a good war, or a bad peace.~Benjamin Franklin To achieve global peace, we must not only stop fighting each other but also stop destroying the natural world.~Dr. Jane Goodall We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa eace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it.~ William Shakespeare Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.~ St Francis of Assisi You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist. ~Attributed to both Golda Meir and Indira Gandhi Five great enemies to peace inhabit with us: avarice, ambition, envy, anger, and pride. If those enemies were to be banished, we should infallibly enjoy perpetual peace. ~Francesco Petrarch! what is your favourite PEACE quote ?
Never miss a post

16 comments :

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I love the "Peace begins with a smile" quote. So simple, so true.

Hello from Eric, "SpeedyCat" :-)

Anndi said...

"Peace begins with a smile"... and you made me smile. Your globe is beautiful, such lovely happy faces!

☮☮☮ Happy BlogBlast for Peace ☮☮☮

Crazed Nitwit said...

I love you. Seriously. No lalalala here. You rock!!!!

Anonymous said...

I soooo relate to this one:

I will not get engaged in conflict needlessly ...though my teen pushes all my buttons & makes me blow my top. ...I will just start whistling


Hehe

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Peace to all at your place. Oh if only the humans would listen to us!

Raven said...

You made me smile. Good collection of quotes too. Peace.

allison tait said...

That bit about turning to your children - very good advice for those of us who can get caught up in blogging.

Being Me said...

excellent quotes. loved this post!

Unknown said...

Awesome post!!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I love the Zen hint to give each person your full attention. I shall keep that in mind.

I also like your personal Peace To-Do list. GREAT idea.

Peace to you, Trish.

Travis Cody said...

We try to live by the Ghandi quote, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

Peace to you and yours.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wonderful whimsical post. I love your adorable little drummer boys!! Great quotes, too.

Annelisa said...

"Approach each person mindfully, with your full attention, smiling..." ....you had me smiling until this point, then I cracked up, imagining you focusing your full attention at each of the folks you met in the street with a fixed grin on your face....I can imagine the reactions! lol

Loved your post. Anything that makes a person smile has to be good! :-)

Wishing you peace and happiness xx

Mimi Lenox said...

Your peace post is awesome. And those boys are absolutely adorable. I love this post and the one you did yesterday with the crayon bomb reference.

You are #1919 in the Official Peace Globe gallery and in the the FB albums on my page.

Thank you for blogging for peace.
Mimi

Annelisa said...

Your peace post is now linked in my blog: Peace Bloggers Unite

Charles Gramlich said...

This reminds me of my own son when he was about this age. We've got some pretty messy pictures.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.