Thursday 24 December 2009

Tell me more

Tell me Thursday is designed to keep Wordless Wednesday ,well , wordless ...usually I FAIL.

The instructions for yesterday's post can be found here thanks to the Planning Queen's chocolately cleverness...Milky Way Sleighs

Go see her Marshmallow Christmas trees too. So oh nom ! nom ! and only 10-15mins to make.


The BAHA update ...I got my sound processor last week.

Well it is loud. Everything ! Especially my own voice. I can't yell at the kids or else I give myself the worse of it lol. My Dh thinks this is the best thing.

Sounds I haven't noticed before and the ones I tried to ignore (like Teen's tapping ~finger drumming on everything , the brothers' banging of toys /plates , footsteps on the floor and even the crinkle & shuffle of paper) are so loud . It drives me mental.

I am slowly and still getting used to it , in three months I'll go back for assessment and adjustment .The audiologist said eventually I'll get used to them and ignore them ...the sounds not the children !

I have 3 programs but it is still LOUD , I think I hear voices in conversation better .It is still hard to know as some of the other sounds are so loud , it drowns voices out.

I just can't get my head around how a screw in my head can transmit sound essentially to my brain.

Clipping the processor onto the abutment screw is tricky , it takes a few goes. A bit like a snap press button .I have to do it by feel not sight.

I get a fair bit of squealing & screeching (that awful sound feedback)...that I don't with a normal hearing aid. I hope this settles down. The latest model (which I have ~BP 100 ) is supposed to be improved on previous models that did this.

The scalp wound is pretty much healed with the screw truly bonded with the bone.It feels funny pulling /un clipping the processor but doesn't hurt a bit.

It seems a sound investment ...and my Christmas present me.


Never miss a post

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

what wonderful xmas pressie to yourself.my mum would have loved it!!!

PlanningQueen said...

Thanks for the link Trish. I hope that you and the family had a wonderful Christmas.

I hope that you have a wonderful 2010. I always enjoy reading your posts, especially about your oldest son - it gives me some insight as to what I have coming along my parenting path!

Cheers,
PQ

MissyBoo said...

Fabulous news about the BAHA - and belated Merry Christmas to you and your family xoxox

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.