I took the Nuffnang Leggos Italian Beef Casserole Simmer sauce challenge to try and make a casserole for 2 in under 15mins.
Ingredients (serves 2 +)
- 1 Leggo's Italian Beef Casserole Simmer Sauce
- 300gms (450gms or so used here less fat trimming) diced veal (mine was already diced)
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- choice of steamed vegetables
- Side of 'potatoes'
- Crusty loaf of bread
- Start your timer!
- Slice or Dice the onion.
- Meanwhile peel & juliene carrots/chop off a wedge of cauliflower/broccoli into florets & add frozen beans to a waiting steamer.
- Cook the onions until they begin to soften.
- Add the diced veal and cook 2-3 minutes until meat is browned evenly.
- Place bread in oven to warm (my oven was going)
- Add the Leggo's sauce then simmer until it is just the way you like it cooked.Mine was ready in well under 8 mins.
- Stop the timer !
- Enjoy !
- There was also enough sauce to simmer on the side some extra gourmet sausages I had for the teen and his unexpected dinner guest (girlfriend). My asssistant cooked the 'snags'.
- The tomatoey sauce (81% tomatoes) is just right for the palate not too strong and with no artifical preservatives, colours or flavours it's a winner. The sauce only has .5gm saturated fat per 100gm.
- Remember not to let the 'chefs' dry out while cooking.
Never miss a post