Thursday, 13 August 2009

Shades of Black

I have been desparately looking for the light...at the end of tunnel (I was told due to the GFC they have switched it off )

Lately , I find it hard to know what to write about. I have so many things I am juggling and many I can't blog about or don't want to. I don't like to put my fears in writing least they come back to haunt and taunt me.

I feel very anxious about my Neurofibromatosis and I don't know what to do. I read inspiring stories like this fellow and also Reggie Bibbs.(I am not affected by facial tumours in this way) I want to cheer their strength and tenacity for thriving and living life to the full, at the same time as I'm feeling depressed about the future.

I feel a lot of guilt.

I recently read Jodi Picoult's 'Second Glance' ... one of the themes in the book was about genetics. It briefly, in fiction (but definitely with supporting factual information) detailed how at various times in history people have been sterilised against their will (or murdered) for the purposes of 'wiping problematic citizens from the population'. Eugenics.

Nazi eugenics or racial hygiene was practiced by Hitler and even today genocide is common place in some countries, purely racially motivated.

Preimplantation genetic diagnosis was also mentioned in the context of parents chosing embryos so that they are unaffected by genetic diseases or of a sex that cannot pass on inherited diseases. The ethics of it all both scares me and encourages me. I honestly don't know how I would feel if I had to make these decisions.

I would give anything not to have NF in my family but at the same time what would the world be like if we were all perfect. So many of us are different and do not fit in because in the eyes of the world we are less attractive. Beauty (and body perfection) is foremost, a quality that makes the world revolve, billions of $ are spent on attaining beauty and the celebration of it .

Billion$ more on counselling for those who feel they fall short of the mark. Others starve themselves thin or undergo surgery to correct imperfections.

Does having imperfections or disabilities make us less valuable or less likely to be loved?

What if society comes to the point that we disregard every baby not born perfect or wipe them all out while they are but a few cells...or later on. I have to say now that those parents who face terminal diagnoses for their baby during pregnancy have my heartfelt respect. I would not want to walk in their shoes ever ...I am just saying .

What if we weren't given a choice and all those identified as "life unworthy of life" were terminated. It is all too terrifying.

I still wish I was normal and so was my son.

PGD was not an option for us ...


So is black a shade or a colour ?

Black is a Colour. Black absorbs all frequencies of light in the visible spectrum producing the colour black. The black object does not emit or reflect light.

Black is a Shade. Although Black is primarily considered a colour, Black can also be part of the Achromatic colour sets - Grey, (or Gray) is a range of tints and shades ranging from Black to White.

so the argument here is not "Is it a shade or a colour" at all...~It is both!

LIVE every moment ღ♥¸.•*¨`*. ¸.•
LAUGH every day ღ♥¸.•*¨`*. ¸.•
LOVE beyond words ღ♥¸.•*¨`*.¸.•
BE Grateful for what You have¸.•*¨`*.¸.♥☼ and I AM !


Never miss a post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...