Thursday 13 November 2008

Say what ?

So completely unrelated but since it's nablopomo .I had another busy day and not much to blog about.

I loved this house I saw on our weekend away at the beach.


it made me think of the quote

..."people who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

now this has so many meanings ...
1.you shouldn't throw stones in your own home LOL ? or
2.It reminds us that we should be mindful how we treat other people (with our words and actions) because we can all be easily hurt.
or
3.Maybe if you lived in a "glass house" other people could easily hurt you by throwing stones at 'you' or your house or people can see you exactly as you are (faults and all).

Your windows would reflect everything too

~
So, is it really something that you say ?
Does it mean people should not criticize other people for faults that they have themselves. I am still puzzled.
I found these lyrics
people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
people who live in glass houses don't throw stones
people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
because they risk having boulders crash down on their lovely homes
Another dictionary definition...deepens the mystery.
We shouldn’t complain about others if we are as bad as they are.
? How does that relate ?
It's too deep and late for me !

I think it means you would have to be very tidy and 'dressed' all the time because any pervert one could be taking your photo.
Oh and I think you wouldn't have time to throw stones ~what with all the cleaning.
Ps the view was breathtaking ...

Assvice of the Day
  1. The more you say , the less people will remember.
  2. There is no right way to do the wrong thing.
  3. Well done is better than well said.
Ps I wanted to find the sound of breaking glass ...


Never miss a post

4 comments :

Amanda said...

Hmmmmmmm. Thanks for making me think. I like what you said about the reflections....

Anonymous said...

This is how I interpret this: The glass house people live in is their vulnerability. In other words, if you're insecure about something, that is your vulnerability. So criticizing others for the same vulnerability (throwing a stone) makes you susceptible to attack, and criticizing someone else for the same vulnerability shows extreme insecurity. So while you throw a stone, a stone coming back at you will probably feel like a boulder.

That's just how I always saw it...

alicia said...

ohh neat house! I will have to think abotu the meaning of that quote more!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@Amanda ...I'm still thinking myself.

@Bonnie :that makes a lot of sense and is in line with the song lyrics.

@Alicia - yes it was a NEAT house and had a fabulous view too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.